The Wildlife Photography Thread

Great shots Andy.
A couple week ago we stopped to watch a GHO.He was guarding his territory from another male.
We were able to watch fairly close also.
Great birds. We have several around out house area and can hear them on a regular basis.
Nature sure is fun.
Frank

A couple of the little guys...

A pine siskin in the teasels

25048337886_d83a2991b1_c.jpg

A green-tailed towhee...

25096028075_2b9350fe29_c.jpg

I caught the annual Lake Tahoe Salmon run a few years back.
They run up Fallen Leaf Creek to span.
It's quite a sight,especially if the black bear are around to feed.
Frank
DSCN2132.jpg
This pool is under the hwy 89 bridge between it and the walking trail bridge.
DSCN2130.jpg

Lighthawk said:
Got out this afternoon to Sutter NWR. Sweeping mares tail clouds dimmed the light a bit, and a brown haze filled the valley. I found some quiet farm roads and took Callie along. She's trained to run with a vehicle and we also did a short walk below one of the levies.

Walking along the bottomland we came upon a great horned owl, sitting with his back to us. The bird tolerated us walking up fairly close.

Northern harriers are a favorite of mine. I saw this guy hunting along a canal, and watched him dive.

He had a mole or gopher, but couldn't take time to eat it, since a RTH had decided to join the meal. After a scuffle on the ground, they both took off.
Very nice Lighthawk. I especially like the Great Horned Owl.

Frank, nice shot of the kokes! Beautiful fish (tastes, too). Wallowa lake in NE Oregon is another spot to get good spawning run shots, plus the Lewis River in SW Washington.

This is a resident Orca pod at Telegraph Cove,Vancouver Island,BC.
This was our last real stop on our 09 Alaska trip.
We sat and watched them for at least an hour. Awesome.

DSCN2855_2.jpg

DSCN2874.jpg

Frank

Hope you all don't mind.These past few posts are from the "way back" file.
Sometimes I see them on the desktop screen and thing I should share.

Thanks Steve. We have been there a couple times.
09/10 and enjoyed the viewing.
In 2010 we even took the bear viewing tour over to the coast to view the grizzly.
Very nice,I think I have a pic or two.
Frank

A couple quick shots. The tour takes you out of Telegraph Cove to the mainland. Where you transfer
to a shallow pontoon style boat and than up the tidal flats to a small salmon stream.The bears are there feasting on the returning fish.
Pretty cool.
Frank

DSCN3054.jpg

DSCN3069.jpg

Back
Top Bottom