The Wildlife Photography Thread

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Enjoy the pictures of the little guys.
Frank
Those last few bird shots are amazing. I don't feel up to posting any of my stuff up here yet. I'm still pretty much a rookie with a camera. I DID see this short clip by Dewitt Jones and thought it was worth sharing though - Juice!

Vic Harder said:
Those last few bird shots are amazing. I don't feel up to posting any of my stuff up here yet. I'm still pretty much a rookie with a camera. I DID see this short clip by Dewitt Jones and thought it was worth sharing though - Juice!
You should post the pictures you take.
You don't have to be a "professional" ,take it from me.
I use a NikonP90 for most of my shots. Although I enjoy the GREAT photos that Steve and Andy take. They are the pros.
Frank

Frank makes a great point. This forum is for all WTW folks to share and learn. Everybody is at a different level. Bombsight, Charlie, Ski, clickerf8 and Andy from Colorado, are just a few of the talented photogs who post here. Join the fun!

Vic, I am of the same opinion as Frank and Andy. Join in, share what you know, learn from others, and enjoy.

I know that I learn a lot from what is posted here, in terms of composition and technique with both camera and software.

Lighthawk said:
Frank makes a great point. This forum is for all WTW folks to share and learn. Everybody is at a different level. Bombsight, Charlie, Ski, clickerf8 and Andy from Colorado, are just a few of the talented photogs who post here. Join the fun!
Please do! :)

I hung out with a group of three coyotes during the day while visiting Yosemite. :giggle:
They were hunting the meadow in front of Sentinel Rock during the warm midday. One of them pounced upon a rodent and made short work of it. They look pretty well fed. When lying down, they blended very well and I noticed a number of tourists who were not aware of their presence.

This young one enjoyed laying on the snowbank, just like my dog.

This is from a couple of years back. This pileated was very cooperative and stayed on the fencepost for maybe 45 minutes as I eased up closer.

_D3S7849-Edit.jpg

Thanks, JD. I really enjoy these guys.

While reviewing these shots I learned that shooting wide open (300+1.4TC) at f4 was not as sharp as when I stopped down to f5.6. Sometimes it's better not to use the largest aperture, if you desire critical sharpness. Always learning . . .

Back
Top Bottom