The Wildlife Photography Thread

Not too far from Soda Lake. Considering I slid the truck to a stop in the mud I was lucky he waited at all.

Turkey flirting in the Smokies

_D4S2814-Edit.jpg

Thanks for the turkey shot.
We miss our turkeys here at home on our walks.
There is so much food for them just out of our area that they haven't been around for a while.
It was fun seeing a dozen or so roam the neighborhood from car tops to roof tops.
Thanks post more when you have more shots.
Frank

Looks like your BB's are ahead a few weeks to northern CA.

I built a BB box and mounted it on my back fence, which borders a grassy golf course the birds enjoy.
At 2500', we see the western BB show up in January or February.

This year I saw a group of four males cavorting around a month ago, then later two different couples. Finally at the beginning of March I noticed a female entering the bird box with nesting materials. By Mar 6th, there were three eggs. After a trip back east, I checked again a week later and there were five eggs. It's been two and a half weeks now.

I left a gap so I can insert my phone and take a quick voice activated shot, using flash.

The rest of the shots are Canon 7DII with 100-400 II

The proud father

The female,

Lighthawk said:
Looks like your BB's are ahead a few weeks to northern CA.

I built a BB box and mounted it on my back fence, which borders a grassy golf course the birds enjoy.
At 2500', we see the western BB show up in January or February.

This year I saw a group of four males cavorting around a month ago, then later two different couples. Finally at the beginning of March I noticed a female entering the bird box with nesting materials. By Mar 6th, there were three eggs. After a trip back east, I checked again a week later and there were five eggs. It's been two and a half weeks now.

I left a gap so I can insert my phone and take a quick voice activated shot, using flash.

The rest of the shots are Canon 7DII with 100-400 II

The proud father

The female,
Thanks Andy for the photos.
Here on the coast we don't have BB,but sure enjoy seeing when we are in places like the Sierra or Yellowstone.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom