The Wildlife Photography Thread

I caught this family group in western Idaho along US 12,the Lewis/Clark route.
The Heron was just standing there watching the otter family play in and out of the water.

Such great/fun animals to watch.
Frank

DSCN2419.jpg

Love the tanagers!

Here's a few shots from the rice fields near Marysville.
It was my first outing with the Sprinter van and I found I could slide open the side door and shoot from a blind while parked along the farm roads.

Then this guy showed up

Who was blown away by this black object

To bring it all home, Why did the turkey cross the road?

Into the archives this morning, with a rework of older shots. I'm hoping that we see some type of an irruption of Snowy's this winter.

30923460674_c93b990d4f_c.jpg

Is the coffee ready?

31765299585_8553b6efde_c.jpg

Frank, I usually carry birdseed in my pocket :) . Actually, I have places that I go, where the birds are easy to approach or hide from. I often use a blind, or my vehicle as a blind. The Snowy Owls were at Ocean Shores, Washington (Damon Point) a few years back. Every now and then, we get an irruption of them that come down out of the north country. In this particular year, I saw thirteen in one day.

Wow that's a lot of them.
We have a great many bird species here at home.
On out morning walk we get to see several different hawks, song birds,and some great horned owls.
At the house we have some very large trees near us that red tails and red shoulders nest in.
It's fun to watch them in their daily life.
Keep posting your birds.
Frank.

Frank, I love watching the frigate birds. They're the Pirates of the sky. They will pounce on other seabirds that have caught something, then harass them until they drop their catch. The frigate birds will then catch it in mid air. About 5 years ago we saw one about 60 miles offshore from Tillamook. I got skunked on albacore that trip.

Back
Top Bottom