The Wildlife Photography Thread

Great photo. And really wicked barbed wire. Looks like double the barb density of any I have used. Wouldn't want to climb over or through that fence.

Paul

Taken a couple of days ago along the Tennesse River.......

TotTiffFortDonelsonEagle%20%282%20of%202%29-X2.jpg

Another one from the Smokies. Was able to find this sow and her four cubs for a second day. Unbelievable four hours spent watching this sow and her brood. Best part......myself and one other photographer.

TotTiffSmokeyMtnBearCub%20%286%20of%203%29-XL.jpg

Come on, Steve. To be a truly good host at your Blue Bird BnB, you gotta update that blow dry station to go with the bathing station. :)

Paul

park said:
Another one from the Smokies. Was able to find this sow and her four cubs for a second day. Unbelievable four hours spent watching this sow and her brood. Best part......myself and one other photographer.

TotTiffSmokeyMtnBearCub%20%286%20of%203%29-XL.jpg

Super cool, Park!
What a treat.

Out of the Smokies and headed to the Upper Penisula in Michigan. Weather has turned cold but going that far north anyway. Couple of shots last week from different camps. Not much of a shot with the Great Blue Heron but it's the first time I've actually seen one in the nest. She had young but you could only detect them with binoculars. Just couldn't get very close for the picture. Anyway, couple of shots to post up.

TotTiffOhio%20%282%20of%202%29-XL.jpg

TotTiffWestVirginia%20%285%20of%205%29-XL.jpg

Lots of pictures to sort from the past couple of weeks. Although not the sharpest, greatest background or perfect composition, but to me, it tells a story, which is what I look for in a picture. Whether viewing or shooting one. Watching this sow look after her cubs was a real treat. Here the sow was focused in on something while the cub looks on and seems to ponder.....is this something I should be concerned with? After a while, I simply lowered the camera and observed.

TotTiffSmokyMtnBear%20%28190%29-Edit-X2.jpg

I have been thinking about upgrading my DSLR, but Mrs. Ted's Point and Shoot was having issues so got priority. We replaced it before a recent trip with a highly rated Nikon that has lots of optical zoom. Below is an unedited JPG of a male Frigate bird. Below that is a highly cropped photo of just the eye from the same JPG. You can clearly see a number of people lined up shooting photos of this bird. I'm so happy with this P&S, may not need to replace my DSLR.

gallery_176_163_384681.jpg

gallery_176_163_103069.jpg

Back
Top Bottom