The Wildlife Photography Thread

Went out to a area small lake and was trying out the Bird Ai tracking firmware upgrade for the Olympus M1x camera. Found a Great Blue Heron on the shore line trying to fish through the ice. GBH was on a rock. The GBH flew, and into our direction. Nailed down the shutter and followed the GBH.

The image I did not spend much time in post, some quick Lightroom and Topaz noise di. I'll get back to it and edit it proper later. Cheers...

201215_PP_3P52037-2.jpg

Great color on the GBH.The slough in our bay area has a lot of GBH and Egrets.
Really enjoy seeing them around. They come to some of the landscape ponds at the homes
here to eat the fish.
Thanks Patrick.
Frank

Thanks every one for the kind words!
A few years back, January in Yellowstone on the Madison River there was a GBH hanging out fishing, was doing very well at the catching part.

They seem like creatures built by a committee... but majestic. Lucky there feel safe to come so close.
rob

buckland said:
They seem like creatures built by a committee... but majestic. Lucky there feel safe to come so close.
rob
Rob this family has been around since before Christmas of 2019.
They live in the green area behind our house and feel very comfortable
wandering all over the neighborhood.
They even come up to the windows and look in at us.

We have a glass room and when they are up on the roof they can
look down on us,real creepy. They look like Velociraptors.
Fun though.
Frank

No problems with the glass roof.
It's double pane and strong enough to walk on.

It's just strange to be sitting out there reading
and hear the clicking of their nails and see them looking down into you.

Frank

Indeed If I had had a dram or two I might wonder what in tarnation a Buick was doing on my roof ...
Rob

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Red Fox (Vulpes vulpes)
50994444126_32a87ff6cb_b.jpg
A fox you say? Excellent. I have seen one fox in my life, and it was a quarter mile away and high tailing it into the back of beyond! Great shot Steve!

Back
Top Bottom