Used Camper Alert Thread

Stan@FourWheel said:
They are different lengths.

The Project M toppers are very specific to the length of the truck beds.
Good to know- the seller told me all that was different was the flared part on the hatch needed to be changed! Dodged a bullet there....thanks.

rover67 said:
Well I assume it sold, after one text response asking what truck we had they went dark. Oh well.. At least it motivated me to get the airbags!
Rats! Yours is out there!

Just thought I'd share some thoughts on this one because I went and looked at it 2/22. I have a 1st gen Tundra and the weight with the addons pushes me a little too much over my payload and I'm not sure it would fit. The guy was really nice and took great care of it. Very, I mean very clean, on the inside and out. Some pretty good hail damage on the roof but the charger controller confirmed that the solar panel still worked. They even have an extra set of cushion fabric because they didn't give him the right one when it was delivered. I have a topper and ladder rack on my Tundra otherwise I may have tried to see if it fit while I was there and probably would have made an offer. It was hard to say no because we all know how rare these campers are.

Looking for a fleet with a furnace, fridge, slider window, sink and stove and would be a bonus if it had a side dinette.
kodoz said:
2015 FWC Raven $19,500 Colorado Springs, CO

https://cosprings.craigslist.org/for/d/colorado-springs-four-wheel-camper-raven/7279807728.html

we're still looking for a Hawk or Hawk flatbed

Question for all of you here..
My ‘19 Swift is pending, with the guy picking it up this weekend. It was installed on my Shortbed Tacoma with the internal bed brackets and turnbuckles.
He’s going to be putting it on a Longbed Tacoma, and said he has a set of brackets from a finch installed on a Longbed Tacoma. Will the LB brackets that were installed with the Finch work on a LB with a Swift? Will my SB brackets work in the LB Tacoma with the Swift?
He’s making quite a drive, I want to make sure we have everything squared away perfectly before he arrives.

Dubbexx said:
Question for all of you here..
My ‘19 Swift is pending, with the guy picking it up this weekend. It was installed on my Shortbed Tacoma with the internal bed brackets and turnbuckles.
He’s going to be putting it on a Longbed Tacoma, and said he has a set of brackets from a finch installed on a Longbed Tacoma. Will the LB brackets that were installed with the Finch work on a LB with a Swift? Will my SB brackets work in the LB Tacoma with the Swift?
He’s making quite a drive, I want to make sure we have everything squared away perfectly before he arrives.
The rear bracket is the same but the front one is different to fit between the wheel wells on the short bed. His brackets should work just fine with the Swift. May just need a bit of adjustment, but shouldn’t be a big deal.

chief said:
I sent an email offering to buy at his asking price; we'll see what comes of it. I'm always a day late on these things.
this is still pretty far from me but I have a buddy who lives 20 minutes away that I can put it at until I can make it there from GA to pick up
I did the same this morning when i posted it up, glad you followed up with him/her.

Haven't heard back so assuming its a gonner!

rover67 said:
I did the same this morning when i posted it up, glad you followed up with him/her.

Haven't heard back so assuming its a gonner!
I assume as well; I haven't heard from him either.

PSA: not required but if you already have an offer you're comfortable with - let the other guys know. When I sell things I've even gone to the extent of saving the top 3-5 respondents and letting them know they are 2-3-5th in line if the others fall through.
nothing saying you have to - its just a politeness thing ;)

chief said:
I assume as well; I haven't heard from him either.

PSA: not required but if you already have an offer you're comfortable with - let the other guys know. When I sell things I've even gone to the extent of saving the top 3-5 respondents and letting them know they are 2-3-5th in line if the others fall through.
nothing saying you have to - its just a politeness thing ;)
Thanks Chief that's a good idea.

Welcome to the site.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom