Winter Watch

ski3pin said:
Big warm storm hitting us. No snow but we are forecast to receive 10 inches of rain over the next two days. Creeks will be rising
It has begun. We are trying real hard to avoid thinking about New Years 1997.

IMG_1086.jpeg
Christmas Day, those tracks are ours from two weeks earlier

Highway 50 is closed from Pollock Pines to Tahoe due to flooding until tomorrow morning. The creeks in Placerville crested with many streets flooded.

According to the forecast it was going to rain today, snow 4-8" tonight. We are now up to 4 inches of snow right now and the forecast for tonight is another 10-14". Clearance on my truck is 14" - it'll be moved to the bottom of the driveway before dark.

teledork said:
According to the forecast it was going to rain today, snow 4-8" tonight. We are now up to 4 inches of snow right now and the forecast for tonight is another 10-14". Clearance on my truck is 14" - it'll be moved to the bottom of the driveway before dark.
Stay safe and have a good new year.
Frank

Snow for y'all and down right saturated here. Rain stopped for a minute so we decided to take a quick walk. The creek below our house decided to merge with the street so we ended up going for a paddle instead.

Attachments

• IMG_2190.jpg
    IMG_2190.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2192.jpg
    IMG_2192.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2197.jpg
    IMG_2197.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2195.jpg
    IMG_2195.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 48
Probably going to have to check the wheel bearings after driving through all the water today.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Stay safe and have a good new year.
Frank
Thigh deep snow (I'm 5'2") Cooked bacon and eggs on the backpack stove and went down to dig out the vehicles. Finished up just in time for the power to come back on. The county is probably too cheap to pay double time for the holiday so the street has not been touched - just a couple of ruts in the snow until you get to the hwy - so I still have the berm to look forward to. :oops:

New York said "Holy %$#^!" California said "hold my beer!"

IMG_1098.jpeg

Our tax dollars at work. It looks like the county truck came by and dumped an excessive amount of that black sticky crud but the only actual snow removal has been done by residents. I know this has been (and still is) an unusual weather event (worst road conditions I have seen in 29 years) but the county isn't even trying. The rain turned the unplowed snow into slush and it is now 6 - 12" inches of refrozen yuck with ruts that would eat a Tesla alive.

Every day I get an email from Fed Ex saying my package will be delivered. Every day I laugh. And then I get an email saying "delivery not attempted". No sh** Sherlock! But oddly enough my new skis and bindings did arrive. It was a Festivus miracle! (nah - ONTRAC is gig work and they drive their own cars)

Rain and snow and strong winds. We are feeling punched. Heavy thunderstorm before dawn this morning. Temperature is dropping like a rock with 9" of snow predicted. At dawn I removed all the debris in my clearing areas I would not want to run through my snowblower.

It is nice to have winter back.

Heavy winds at my place in the 70+mph range. We are right on the bluff at the ocean, so nothing stands between its fury and our humble old whalers shack. Saw something last night with the wind that resembled a tornado. The wind picked up 60lb pieces of furniture (and everything else for that matter) and swirled it up in the air and all around, into the house and over the fences and into to the neighbors properties. It was already windy ass hell and then someone hit turbo! It lasted just a few second then ripped up the canyon. I wish I new the actual calculated force of that thing.

The old barn on my street was finished off last night.
What ever that wind thing was absolutely shredded the building into splinters. And behold! inside sits and OG Alaskan camper!

Attachments

• IMG_2222.jpg
    IMG_2222.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 40
Camped here just a few yards from Aransas Bay on the Texas Gulf coast, I was reclining in the Observation Lounge of my trailer, observing nothing except my phone... wasting my life in the usual way...when I glanced out the rear window: real life was happening! I ran outside -- barefoot -- to the shore, heedless that broken oyster shells and flesh don't mix well. But it was worth it.

IMG_20230112_182702.jpg IMG_20230112_182253.jpg IMG_20230112_181949.jpg

It were purdy!

nice sunset mark ! when i was down in baja for my 12 day trip, i was up everyday for the sunrises over the sea of cortez.
go

Back
Top Bottom