Winter Watch

Still winter here, Mr. Sage. Dusting of snow overnight and low 20's this morning. The peach trees need pruning this weekend if we can remove the snow around them enough to move safely. :)

It's been a colder winter than usual it seems, at least when looking at our PG&E bills!
But, it will change soon. I've already started snap peas in the laundry room which we will put in the dirt next weekend.

We have an interesting phenomena that happens about once a winter. It requires a wet evening, that turns to subfreezing overnight.
When I built our 12' x 24' covered back porch I added two large 4' x 4' skylights to bring light to the adjacent rear bedrooms.
These are outdoor skylights over the unheated back porch. The wet glass grows frost crystals in fantastic patterns. It would be cool to shoot a time lapse, but I would need to black out our bedroom windows and back door

When Jack Frost gets his artist brush going, it can be fascinating. I'm reminded of medieval paintings, possibly considered baroque. Alternately, I see kelp beds from my snorkeling days. What do you see?

I see more winter weather coming next week -

Tuesday Night
A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.

Wednesday
A chance of snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Partly sunny, with a high near 33.

Wednesday Night
A chance of snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.

Thursday
Snow likely. The snow could be heavy at times. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.

Looks like next week will be balmy

C0800F3E-3601-401E-80EF-75C8A033DC68.jpeg

Yes, we have diesel......... :)

Tuesday
A chance of rain showers between 10am and 4pm, then snow showers likely, possibly mixed with rain. Partly sunny, with a temperature rising to near 48 by 11am, then falling to around 33 during the remainder of the day. Breezy, with a southwest wind 6 to 11 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Tuesday Night
Snow showers likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. West northwest wind 16 to 21 mph decreasing to 9 to 14 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Wednesday
Snow showers likely after 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Southwest wind 5 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Wednesday Night
Snow showers likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

Thursday
Snow showers, mainly after 10am. High near 28. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Thursday Night
Snow showers likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.

Friday
A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 34.

Friday Night
A chance of snow showers, mainly before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.

Washing 2 cars to get ready for it! Hahaha.... bring it on!

First part of January went to yellowstone and the Runner came back white when it is really a gold color. First chance with a warm day to do it since coming back from Japan. Quite a bit of sand and gravel came off the underside.

We're gonna get a cold snap in NW Washington state. Unfortunately, I didn't drain and blow out the water system during an earlier cold snap, and am paying the price. Had to get a new pump, strainer, and manifold for our Fleet. The strainer needs replacing only because this dufus stripped the threads on it. Naturally, I found out one part at a time that this damage happened, so waiting for each one to show up has taken quite a few daze. I have a small light bulb going in that compartment the next two daze.

rubberlegs said:
We're gonna get a cold snap in NW Washington state. Unfortunately, I didn't drain and blow out the water system during an earlier cold snap, and am paying the price. Had to get a new pump, strainer, and manifold for our Fleet. The strainer needs replacing only because this dufus stripped the threads on it. Naturally, I found out one part at a time that this damage happened, so waiting for each one to show up has taken quite a few daze. I have a small light bulb going in that compartment the next two daze.
Yeah, I went through two manifolds before I finally learned last October to fully disassemble the water system. Also used an air compressor to blow out every line I could get to. I am crossing my fingers that I have done enough, but I will find out in a couple of weeks when I put everything back together and test it.

We have 10 inches of new snow from yesterday on our back patio. We live in inner NE Portland.

Back
Top Bottom