Winter Watch

We are sure glad Spring starts next Wednesday...........

Finished up the first snow clearing at 0830 this morning.

Today
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. High near 27. South southwest wind 15 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Tonight
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 25. Breezy, with a south wind 22 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Friday
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. South wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Friday Night
Snow showers likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. East northeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Saturday
A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly between 10am and 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 37. East wind 5 to 7 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday Night
A slight chance of snow showers before 10pm, then a slight chance of snow showers after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Sunday
Snow showers likely, mainly after 4pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Sunday Night
Snow showers likely, mainly before 4am. The snow could be heavy at times. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.

Monday
Snow showers likely, mainly after 10am. The snow could be heavy at times. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33.

Monday Night
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Cloudy, with a low around 27.

Tuesday
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Cloudy, with a high near 31.

Tuesday Night
Snow showers likely. The snow could be heavy at times. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.

Wednesday
A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 36.

Hail and Graupel are all over the news. I got nothing. Hundredth of an inch of rain so far. Very disappointing. I hear Ski likes people doing donuts in his driveway, guess I'll have to head up that way :)

Here's our version of winter in the Salinas Valley.

This is Fremonts Peak,east on our house.It's been many years since we have had snow on it.

IMG_0500.jpeg

IMG_0501.jpeg

Frank

It warmed up and we did a lot of shoveling a week ago. I thought I might be able to get the truck to the house but alas - it is not to be. We've done fine hauling groceries up to the house in backpacks but carrying, dragging, cursing the trash cans down to the truck made me cry. And then I had to get a 30 gallon can of horse manure and straw up the hill for the compost tumblers the day before yesterday (two five gallon buckets at a time)

Fortunately my dump runs are infrequent and I'm hoping to have a usable driveway again by the equinox. Hwy 395 is currently closed from Bishop to Walker. I've shoveled the paths and cleaned off the truck so I'm going to have some lunch and go ski up the road with the dog. Life is made up of stories and 2023 is already a full, rich year.

craig333 said:
Hail and Graupel are all over the news. I got nothing. Hundredth of an inch of rain so far. Very disappointing. I hear Ski likes people doing donuts in his driveway, guess I'll have to head up that way :)
:LOL:

craig333 said:

teledork said:
You are most welcome to come find out.

Too busy trying to get my shed/workshop to stop leaking all over my disassembeled overdrive and my tool shed. Thanks for the offer though :)

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
It's time you got a snowblower.
That's a lot of hard work shoveling all that snow.
Frank
I used to shovel the driveway. THAT was a lot of work. But in any case the first item on the agenda is repairing the damage and dealing with the drainage issue. The almost frightening amount of rain we got betwixt and between the storms in December made a bad situation worse. The pathways around the house are nothing so I have little use for a blower or tractor until the driveway is fixed.

Looks like winter is going out with a bang. Julie wants to get more diesel. Five bucks says the power goes out with this storm. Any takers?

Today
A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. South wind around 6 mph becoming west southwest in the morning. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Tonight
A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 28. South wind around 6 mph. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Sunday
Snow showers, mainly after 10am. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. South wind 10 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Sunday Night
Snow showers, mainly before 10pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 27. South wind 16 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Monday
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 30. Breezy, with a south wind 18 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 17 inches possible.

Monday Night
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.

Tuesday
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 30. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Tuesday Night
Snow showers likely. The snow could be heavy at times. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.

Wednesday
A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 34.

Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.

ski3pin said:
Looks like winter is going out with a bang. Julie wants to get more diesel. Five bucks says the power goes out with this storm. Any takers?
Yeah - you'll lose power. But I'd watch out for the 3-7 inch forecast. That was the prediction for us last night. We got 15" out the door this morning.

ski3pin said:
That depends on whether you take Julie’s advice or not. :D

Paul

teledork said:
Who else has a Blizzard Warning for Mon - Wed?
Count us in.

Blizzard Warning
Code:
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Sacramento CA
205 AM PST Sun Feb 26 2023

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING
TO 4 AM PST MONDAY...
...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM MONDAY TO 4 AM
PST WEDNESDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow and strong winds expected. Blizzard conditions
  Monday morning through Tuesday night. Total snow accumulations
  of 3 to 7 feet. Winds gusting as high as 70 mph.

* WHERE...West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada including Interstate
  80 over Donner Pass, Highway 50 over Echo Summit and Highway 88
  over Carson Pass.

* WHEN...For the Winter Storm Warning, from 10 AM this morning
  to 4 AM PST Monday. For the Blizzard Warning, from 4 AM Monday
  to 4 AM PST Wednesday.

* IMPACTS...Travel will be extremely dangerous to impossible with
  extended road closures likely. Blowing snow will cause white-
  out conditions at times. Downed trees and tree limbs with power
  outages are possible due to heavy snow and gusty winds.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency.

Travel should be restricted to emergencies only. If you must
travel, have a winter survival kit with you. If you get stranded,
stay with your vehicle.

The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.

Back
Top Bottom