Winter -- Wow!

It's a brisk 10°F here in Bend at 8 a.m. :eek: ...
...and I don't mind that we don't come close to the recent Midwest polar temperatures. :)

You beat us Mark-it's only 11 here in Susanville :ninja:! Tahoe is a -3 or so, clear and cold here once the fog burns off and no pokanip. Boy this is when I am glad I'm retired and don't have to get up at 5.00 or so, go outside, warm the truck up, slide down my hill and be at work by 0600. Now I just sit here, drink my coffee and look outside!

Smoke

And more to come! If I total up all those possibles, it is 27 to 44 inches.

Friday
A 30 percent chance of snow showers after 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 35. East southeast wind 7 to 9 mph becoming south in the afternoon. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Friday Night
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 28. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Saturday
Snow showers likely before 4pm, then snow after 4pm. High near 34. South southwest wind 8 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Saturday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.

Sunday
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 32. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.

Sunday Night
A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Let’s hope the snow pack lasts well into the spring, that reservoirs are full, and we come back to normal precipitation levels.
Amen, brother!

The indication is that we'll be having at least another 10 days of winter here on the east side of the Oregon Cascades.

Weather_20190208-1.jpg

⛄

The Lady & Barking Spider received an in depth Massey Ferguson tractor & blower operation lesson yesterday afternoon. We woke to the start of the latest storm with 5 inches. The Lady ran the tractor and blower and did great! A bit more practice and she'll be be excellent! :)

I got up to 5 inches at my house overnight...with more forecast on the way in days to come.

Home-Snow-100422.jpg

Home-Snow-100456.jpg

And me without a snowblower -- only a shovel... :(

...and barefoot! :eek:
Home-Snow-100508.jpg

Series of storms set to bombard Central Oregon
Snow a possibility every day next week, according to forecast
[Bend Bulletin, Published Feb. 8, 2019 at 06:55PM / Updated February 8, 2019 at 07:41PM]

"The first few snowflakes that fell in Bend on Friday are the start of a series of storms expected to linger in Central Oregon for up to two weeks...."

"Rob Brooks, forecaster with that National Weather Service’s Pendleton office:
'That’s what we get when we cram all of winter into two weeks in February,'..."

Gotter dun! --> in a couple of hours this afternoon

It was only about 5 inches deep...but that much more is forecast to fall by tomorrow with a little more almost every day for up to 2 weeks!... so I didn't want to get behind; my driveway is >100 feet long, and my tools are primitive. ;)

Snow-tools_20190209-1.jpg

My shovel is one that's suitable for pushing snow -- snowplow-like, and the snow was cold/light enough (and little enough) that that was possible. Saved my back a little. :unsure:

ski3pin said:
Good job Mr. BC! And all in your bare feet? :)
:D No...not bare feet -- I eventually got dressed. :p
I wore some snow-boots that only get out for use with snowshoes and for stuff like this. Not as warm as Sorel/pac-boots but more nimble.

Morning Mark
Well you could look at it like "I am getting really good work outs that will prove useful for my upcoming boat trip"
:)

Russ

Ah, power is back on! What a luxury. :)

10 more inches yesterday. Ran the blower twice. Woke up this morning to 20+ inches more. Winter, Wow! :)

Off to get more diesel........................

Winter-10Feb2019-001-copy.jpg

Winter-10Feb2019-002-copy.jpg

Winter-10Feb2019-004-copy.jpg

Winter-10Feb2019-005-copy.jpg

Winter-10Feb2019-007-copy.jpg

Winter-10Feb2019-009-copy.jpg

Winter-10Feb2019-010-copy.jpg

Winter-10Feb2019-011-copy.jpg

Quite the storm in Mammoth last night / this morning. 395 was a complete white out and was shut down north of Bishop somewhere around 7pm. Fun drive from town to down near the airport last night!

Back
Top Bottom