You know you're a geezer when.......................

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
I wear Lee jeans have for decades,I used to get them at Kohls ,but now order them from Amazon get them in a few days.
Frank
I think I need to go back to buying men's Levi 501's. The waist size is the waist size. Women's pants? - somehow 29" = as much as 36" - must be the new math.

I grew up wearing JC Penney clothing, from Penncrest to Stafford to whatever they’re called now. Eventually switched to 501s but now wear Wranglers, they seem to fit my “seasoned” body better.

I used to wear Lee Boot Cut jeans exclusively. But now I wear whatever jeans the thrift store has that fit and are comfortable.

teledork said:
I think I need to go back to buying men's Levi 501's. The waist size is the waist size. Women's pants? - somehow 29" = as much as 36" - must be the new math.
I have no problem with sizes buying Lee.I just won't pay the Levi outrages price for them.
The 29"x30" size I get always work out.

Frank

you remember when:
a window was just a hole in a wall
an application was something written on paper
a keyboard was a piano
a mouse just an animal
a file was stored in a cabinet
a hard drive was an uncomfortable road trip
cut was done with a knife
paste with glue
a web was a spiders home
a virus was the flu
Apple and Blackberry were just fruits

JaSAn said:
you remember when:
a window was just a hole in a wall
an application was something written on paper
a keyboard was a piano
a mouse just an animal
a file was stored in a cabinet
a hard drive was an uncomfortable road trip
cut was done with a knife
paste with glue
a web was a spiders home
a virus was the flu
Apple and Blackberry were just fruits
Yup! :)

YES! Who came up with that?! We have 1 gas station in town... they 'modernized' it last year with a tv pump.... how obnoxious. Folkas were not happy so the owner put in a button to mute it ...tv is still on but no sound!

What is shown on these TVs?
Advertisements I would think?

Another scam to get us to buy,buy,buy.

I am a fairly up to date person even for a geezer but some things just don't seem to fit our daily lives.

Frank

Frank I was shocked to hear this burst of buy buy buy blah blah blah ....it was so invasive... all I wanted was to space out and fill the tank. I bet the owner of our station won't be able to keep that button to mute when Mobil finds out. I think most folks out there in the hustle world have learned to tune it out. Reminds me of the Bade Runner movie ...ads everywhere. You know you're a geezer when all you want is a little peace and quiet .

buckland said:
Frank I was shocked to hear this burst of buy buy buy blah blah blah ....it was so invasive... all I wanted was to space out and fill the tank. I bet the owner of our station won't be able to keep that button to mute when Mobil finds out. I think most folks out there in the hustle world have learned to tune it out. Reminds me of the Bade Runner movie ...ads everywhere. You know younger a geezer when all you want is a little peace and quiet .
Please, please, please!

ski3pin said:
.........when you are livid when you find there is no way to turn off or silence the TV that comes on at the gas pump.
Yes disliking that very much!!!

I need to hear the fuel going into the filler neck for change in pitch as when is getting full on the modified flatbed. All that noise is frustrating!

A few pieces of duct tape over the screen would at least cut the visual and maybe send a message..... but I suppose that would be seen as criminal.....

I despise the TV gas stations.

Well as my mom used to say ..." it's ok to think those thoughts...but don't say'em... cuz then they're out there". I think a lot about duct taping or other sly reprisals ... and it is the thoughts that give me solace. Otherwise I'd be in jail by now! It is amazing what some people come up with as a "good idea" ...TV at a gas station. Imagine that.

buckland said:
It is amazing what some people come up with as a "good idea" ...TV at a gas station. Imagine that.
Has anyone ever finished filling their tank and then felt compelled to go into the store to buy something crappy to drink or eat? Or worse run in and applied for a credit card or some such thing after seeing the AD on the gas pump? Don't see how these TV pumps could be effective.

Back
Top Bottom