You know you're a geezer when.......................

I saw this online and it fits this thread...

geezer.jpg

All but 2- Crazy Eddies and mobile rides, not sure what those are. We didn't have a subway but I remember bus tokens. One of my first jobs was working in the Gold Bond Stamp warehouse picking orders. Fun remembering all that stuff.

All but 9, 11, & 14.

I think possibly one of the last dairy's to home deliver milk in CA was local, Chase Bros Dairy. I know they still did it long after others had stopped and some friends hadn't ever heard of such a thing.
Our local G&H Green Stamp redemption center is now a Woodcrafter's store and was a Big 5 before that.

9 & 11 stumped me. Never lived anywhere that had a subway, but I do remember my dad having a booklet of Bay Bridge toll tickets, we lived in Hayward & he was stationed at Treasure Island. You would tear one out of the book & hand it to the toll taker. Hmm, 25 cents? (Late 50's).

How about those knobs you would clamp to the steering wheel?

When your bosses are the age of your kids.
When the " kids " at work start lifting the heavy stuff for me.
Cigarettes from the vending machine jeez. The only. Time I ever smoked was about 7th grade on Boy Scout camp outs. Would ride our bikes to the vending machine behind jc penny's in Ventura.

Remember when the gallons dial on the gasoline pump would spin faster than the dollars dial? Of course that was when someone would fill the tank, check the oil and wash the windows for you too.

Here in NC we had an early version of pay-at-the-pump self-served gasoline stations in the form of unattended pumps with a dollar bill machine driving the pump. Not just any bill--only $1 dollar bills would work. There was no need for the machines to accept $5 and $10 bills simply because it was uncommon for anybody to purchase more than $3-5 worth of gasoline at a time. Plus, the crude dollar bill machines wouldn't make change, so you'd always "short" what you thought you'd need to avoid having to leave purchased fuel undistributed. Any time we'd be in the area of one of the "Star Flite" dollar bill stations, we'd circle through to see if any of the pumps had undistributed fuel available. We could tell by the readout--if it was not stopped on an even $ total, pop that nozzle into your tank and get some free gasoline. That worked often enough to justify the drive-through. Leaded regular in 1971 ran around 30 cents a gallon, and my '69 Impala had a 24 gallon tank.

Soon enough, somebody figured out how to rig a new and very strong dollar bill with a long strip of Scotch Tape doubled over and stuck to itself. On some of the dollar bill machines the rigged bill could be inserted, "click" to register a $1.00 purchase, and then slowly withdrawn by tugging on the strip of tape. Word spread fast when somebody "struck gold" and there'd soon be a line of guys filling up all grades of Camaros, Mustangs, Novas, Impalas, and Galaxies, all on a single dollar bill. We of course preferred 100 octane premium for such discounted purchases. I still feel kind of bad about that. Didn't take Star Flite long to put an end to that game, however, so I don't suppose it hurt them too badly financially.

Foy

One older woman was telling her friend that she was getting married. Her friend said wow! Is he rich? No I probably have more money than he does.
Is he handsome? Not really.
He must be great in bed! Not particularly. He's pretty boring in bed.

Then why? He can drive at night.

When you were going to add something really funny to this post and forgot what it was. I think i'm there.

when..............................................
I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

I tried to do the old joke "I want to die in my sleep, not screaming like the rest of my passengers (or something like that) but since I was driving my passengers didn't think it was funny.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom