Other types of campers?

The following is a copy of a thread I just started on www.expeditionportal.com

Here is just a hint of what is to come:

XPCamper.jpg

http://www.xpcamper.com/pages/about.html

A friend has been working hard for some time now on a new expedition camper design. It is a hardside pop-up designed for a full size pickup equipped with a flatbed.

Personally I am pretty excited about this project. They intend to sell complete campers equipped with top of the line components (think mini Earthroamer) and also unfinished shells that can be completed by the DIY type. 3 prototypes are currently being built at an undisclosed location in Northern California. Anyone interested in getting more info can put their name on an e-mail list at the website linked above.

Disclaimer: although the owner of XP Campers is a friend, I have no affiliation with the company, I just thought I would share the news.

Cheers
Mark

OBK
Welcome back where y'been?

Thanks chnlisle;

I wish I could say I have been busy traveling the continent, but unfortunately reality is less interesting.

I never went away completely. I would lurk every once in a while, but since I no longer own a 4wheel camper I found I had less and less to contribute, and what I did contribute was starting to get old and repetative.

Recently I have spent most of my time at www.expeditioncampers.com and then www.expeditionportal.com after the two forums merged.

This is a great forum with great people, but it is mainly for 4wheel and ATC owners. However when the owner of XP Camper told me he would like to release some info I thought of my old friends at Wander the West and was sure some of you would be interested.

Cheers
Mark

Well Mark I for one have missed your input. The consensus here was that there was no need for your departure by virtue of the grandfather clause...not Clause. Glad you're back.
Jay

UniMog we dont need no freak'n UniMog.

Attachments

• 2005-638.jpg
    2005-638.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 756
  • 0507maggiedeutz.jpg
    0507maggiedeutz.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 766
Brain-Brian,
The first is an amazing luxury wheeler. It's a mere $780,000. Wait 'til you see how its equipped. It can be found here with a few other way too expensive necessities.

www.pddoc.com/camp/mini003.htm

The second is another big German 4X4 clalled a Magarius-Deutz.

Those are some sick rigs Jay..to wide for all the nice little Baja spots..

I had to revive this thread to show the board what pulled up around the corner the other day. He had 4 surfboards over 9' on the roof.

The honda civic-fwc (friggin wierd cacoon)

Attachments

• DSCN2392.jpg
    DSCN2392.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 596
SportsMobile we Dont Need No Freak'n SportsMobile.

Attachments

• 200599115242_020816konasg01.jpg
    200599115242_020816konasg01.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 593
Where are you diggin these up Jay?? Great stuff!

Saw this on e the other day as well.. It's a "Bravo"
Looks to be mid 70's or so. Anybody ever seen one of these? Possible early inspiration for FWC??

Attachments

• DSCN2400.jpg
    DSCN2400.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 595
Those are some sick rigs Jay..to wide for all the nice little Baja spots..

I had to revive this thread to show the board what pulled up around the corner the other day. He had 4 surfboards over 9' on the roof.

The honda civic-fwc (friggin wierd cacoon)

That pretty much pegs my WTF-o-meter. I don't even know what to say about that one. Is it still in the hood? May need to go see that first hand. Crikey!

Jay...I guess a guy would have to be "upwardly mobile" to enjoy that camper, No? Sorry...
Brian in NM

Back
Top Bottom