Other types of campers?

Tahoe Rental

great picture of the rock climbers !

on that topic, we have a nice rental cabin in Lake Tahoe if anyone wants a place to crash for the weekend (free for anyone on the forums)

great views of the lake, there are a few stairs so people in good physical condition might have an easier time checking in (laughs)

see attached picture ...

Attachments

• tahoe cabin.jpg
    tahoe cabin.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 647
great picture of the rock climbers !

on that topic, we have a nice rental cabin in Lake Tahoe if anyone wants a place to crash for the weekend (free for anyone on the forums)

great views of the lake, there are a few stairs so people in good physical condition might have an easier time checking in (laughs)

see attached picture ...

Whoa that's funny. How does it do in the wind?!

There is one of those just out of Boise, ID on the way to Idaho City just before you get to Lucky Peak reservoir on Idaho hwy. 21 I had never seen one before. That one is green I think....I think it is a Forest Service Helitack rappel practice station.
Brian in NM

I was scanning some old slides today and came across a couple of pix of my very first 4WD vehicles. The first one is the Bronco II Pam and I bought just after we got married in '85. It was taken on Sandy Beach in Puerto Penasco in Aug '89. It sure doesnt look like that now. Highrise hotels now crowd the beach.

The second one is when I took my first Vizcaino trip in Jan '93. The 85 Nissan is now up in Fairbanks and still going strong.

The roof top tents are called Bivouacs. 2 friends and myself imported a dozen of them from Italy in '88. We sold all but the 3 we kept for ourselves. We got $450each and doubled our money. If we only knew. Oh well hind sight is 20/20

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 526
Ahhhh Brother Jay... the beachmaster! It sure looks like the pretty lady has known how to relax for a while now...how is your hammockability? Those are quite the little pop tents but I cringe to think of me climbing up there nowadays!
Rest easy,
Brian the Brain in NM:cool:

Brain Man,
Now you know why I have a camper. The beauty of those things was their simplicity. The bed was queen sized with a 6" latex mattress and very comfy but The first step to pee in the middle of the night was a killer. I hope as I scan more of my old slides I'll find a few more pix with it on my old '91 Ford Exploder at Santispac Beach south of Muluge. We used the sh!t out of it but I dont even own a 2 story house any more.

Jay and all,
Good deal....I would like to see some old pix. I need to spend a little time trying to scan some of my old pix in as well.....I have some great old pix of some of my old rolling homes....
Well this is about it for me until I get back from Thailand...We leave Monday afternoon for Alb. where we will either camp or stay in a motel so we can catch an early flight out. Be back in early March but I won't try to monitor forums while gone...
Take care and stay well.
Brian

Safe journey brother,
Is this your first trip back and if so do you plan to go to the old country to see how things have changed.

Jay, This is the first time back to Asia for sure. I am not going to Vietnam this trip although I would love to. As far as my experiences in Vietnam go, I was stationed on a nuclear armed guided missile frigate in the Gulf of Tonkin. I belong to the Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club. I spent my war in a ammo magazine about two decks below the water line by myself, loading 3" ammo on a elevator for the deck guns.
Cheers,
Brian

Somewhere around here I have my old TGYC hat. I got to dig that thing up. Have fun. Cant wait to here your new stories.

Cool....I look forward to the day we can sit around a campfire and swap sea stories.....
Brian

hmmm.....i was a FTG2 on a DD.....maybe us salts like the idea of sleeping in small boxes.....that move?

never did like UNREP

I must admit working for a general staff assured first rate accomodations and chow. Unfortunately (as I found out) it doesn't insure a safe enviroment. In hindsight I would have opted for a small box off shore. It couldn't have been much more uncomfortable than racing J24's or Santana 20's.... Well Yeah I think we all would have rather been racing little sailboats. It's a bit less prone to the bullet game. When all is said and done I'm glad my brothers are here and enjoying life and I greatly miss those who wern't as lucky as we.

Here's a new one. Interesting. Wish I had more info.

http://www.xpcamper.com/pages/about.html

Hi Everyone

Finally I am here to answer some of your questions.
As I stated on RV.net, a hobby morphed into a business, and I am a little behind with the marketing materials.

The main reason when my friends showed the pics on the web was to get an idea if people liked the concept and to see of what kind of response would come out of it.

The response was beyond expectations.
For now I post the same info I did over on the other site.

I am working on a PDF presentation with more detailed specs and will send it out via email.

The website is being worked on, and we should have more info up by the end of FEB.

I will also try to post some of the main specs here.

Below are the main unique features incorporated in the XPCamper design:

1. Why did we choose diesel for heat, stove and hot water? Why not propane?

I have had some interesting experiences trying to chase down a propane refilling station. Most of the time I found the exchange tanks, but felt cheated when I had to exchange a ¼ tank of propane in exchange for a full one.

Instead we have equipped the camper with an internal three gallon diesel tank and in addition to diesel appliances for heat, cooking and hot water, the camper includes a microwave and a 12V TJ42 refrigerator.

2. Solar powered electrical appliances

The microwave and refrigerator will be powered by the internal AGM battery supply of the camper. The batteries will be recharged by solar panels on the roof of the camper. In addition to the solar charging of the batteries, you can idle the engine of the truck to get the batteries recharged from the alternator.

3. Aluminum flatbed, storage boxes, and adapters

The XPCamper will be equipped with an aluminum flatbed with under bed storage boxes. This flatbed will be easily adapted to any truck by our outfitters.
When the camper is off the truck, the flatbed with included sidebars becomes very useful in hauling more cargo than the original box including; lumber, cement bags, bricks, etc.
These sidebars also double as sand ladders, just in case you get stuck, you can get unstuck!!!

4. Choice of Truck

Since this camper and truck system is not an RV, you can choose the truck that meets your needs and desires. It can be four wheel drive, crew cab, extended cab, single cab, and even two wheel drive. Most any combination of brands, cab styles and engines are possible with the XPCamper.

5. The XPCamper is fully self-contained

The XPCamper has a full wet bathroom. It includes a 60 gallon fresh water supply, a 22 gallon grey water tank, and a water filtration system for general use and for topping off your tanks with creek water. The water tanks are built into the floor for a very low center of gravity.

6. Your bed will stay dry when the roof of the camper is raised in the rain

The XPCamper features a sealed top and bottom insulated tent membrane. This protects the bed from getting wet in the rain. In addition to the tent membrane, there are three overhead fold down hard sided panels. They fit between the mattress and the tent membrane.

This gives the option of being a fully hard sided camper, or if weather permits a more tent-like camping experience.

7. Shipping your XPCamper anywhere in the world

The XPCamper fits into a standard sized shipping container making it practical for true, round the world, expedition camping.

8. The use of state-of-the-art composite materials.

The construction of the XPCamper is per an engineered laminate schedule strategically placing unidirectional glass fibers, Carbon fibers and Kevlar in the needed areas. This results in an extremely efficient use of the materials which saves weight. This is not unlike advanced aircraft construction. The XPCamper has an estimated dry weight of 1300 lbs., fully loaded.

9. Headroom

The headroom in the hall area is approximately 85”. The headroom in the cab over sleeping area is a generous 40”.

10. XPCamper pricing
A fully loaded camper including the flat bed and its storage boxes will be under $60K.

This is when the T100 was a year old. November of '96 it was still nice and shiney. We used the chair in the pic up until last year. I wish they still made them. I cant find them anywhere. The weather was perfect. Pam sat on a rock in the river fishing. She finally caught a couple of trout for dinner.

Attachments

• Copy of Kern River_0026.jpg
    Copy of Kern River_0026.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 767
A Couple Of Trout

What river, what was she using? I could leave today. I GUESS THIS MEANS YOU EAT FISH ONCE IN A WHILE

Fisherdude, We eat fish as often as we can. The catch here in The Old Pueblo is far from fresh. That pic was taken on the Kern River. I do miss The 'Nard for sea food.

Back
Top Bottom