Other types of campers?

Homemade,
I'm looking forward to seeing your project evolve. Keep the pics coming. Thanks.

As this thread has been a melting pot for all types of rigs I thought I would revive it with this sweet "pop top troop carrier". It's a Toyota Land Cruiser..

The wife and I explored Australia 11 years ago. Of all the SAWEET rigs over there, this was the one we thought was the ultimate. THey actually made one that the whole roof pops up similar to FWC/ATC. they even had a little kitchenette..

That all changed when we got home and found the old fleet model for sale around the corner..

Here the troopy pop top as seen at Gold Bluffs Beach last week...

Forgot the pic....

Again!!!.....

Attachments

• DSCN2792.jpg
    DSCN2792.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 576
Small world Tomas.

I saw them here in Lander, near Yellowstone NP, last summer. Then I saw them in Zion NP in Utah, last November. Some friends from Expedition Portal ran into them I want to say in Anza Borrego or maybe it was Death Valley, around the first of the year. And now they're out on the coast.

I believe they're German and on extended US tour. The Troopy is clearly identifiable by two factors; one- it's a tan pop-up Troopy, not too common around here and two - those safety orange cinch straps holding down the spare.

You got a better shot than I did. I passed them in the dark in Zion NP. Wish I could've snapped a shot when they were here in Lander in the daylight.

Trip+016.jpg

*snip*Will see how it works out, I’m always open to failure

The design process is deeply and endlessly fascinating... Please bring us with you!

Innovation Camper

Here is a photo of an Innovation Camper and the Toyo LandCruzier Style. I really took a long look at the Innovation Camper. But could only find them foresale in Germany. I did see one in my neck of the woods last summer. Very Cool!

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 503
  • toyo camper.jpg
    toyo camper.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 511
The first truck camper ever !

Classic Blast From The Past ....

Wonder if this was the first truck camper ever ??

Attachments

• Oldest Camper.jpg
    Oldest Camper.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 697
I wonder if the MB is a Diesel? I know the Yota is.

Attachments

• MB Camper.jpg
    MB Camper.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 682
  • IMG_8502%A9%20Hines%20%26%20McGuire.jpg
    IMG_8502%A9%20Hines%20%26%20McGuire.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 710
Its amazing what a guy sees early in the morning on a Sunday at a Wal-Mart lot.

Attachments

• 0517080700a.jpg
    0517080700a.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 657
North Dakota?

By any chance did that rig have Calif. plates, something like that we see all the time out here, not something I would expect to see in No. Dakota. The Car Culture, I love it.

You can join the club even if you own a Sob Saab. Or bring your own garage.

Attachments

• medium_2314301827_c13e4d4f33_o.jpg
    medium_2314301827_c13e4d4f33_o.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 595
  • garage camper.jpg
    garage camper.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 603
Oregon Camper

Seems a bit more like the Alaskan. I really don't care for the way it raises, means leaving the jacks on full time. Heavy to at 1900 lbs. 23,090 base msrp. Too pricey too.

http://www.chaletrv.com/ then go to "products" "oregon camper" (hate sites that link like that).

Here's A Nice Little Rig

If I get one of these you can all come camping with me.

Attachments

• image011.jpg
    image011.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 479
  • image010.jpg
    image010.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 499
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 495
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg