And So They Continue........................Fires

ski3pin said:
Our evacuation order has been lifted (downgraded to evacuation warning). We're cooking the Teds a celebratory dinner this evening. The Teds are changing the locks on their house in the morning.
Suggestion: Keep this link somewhere you can find it should the need arise....

LockPickingLawyer channel (on YouTube)

:)

That's great. About 30 minutes ago our friends that also live in Pollack Pines got the good news.
It will be nice to be back in your own home. Julie will be happy I am sure to be home to rehab.
Hope you don't find many science projects in the fridge.
Frank

ski3pin said:
Our evacuation order has been lifted (downgraded to evacuation warning). We're cooking the Teds a celebratory dinner this evening. The Teds are changing the locks on their house in the morning.
WOOT WOOT! Wonderful news!

Vic Harder said:
Great news. I must be missing something... why are the Ted's changing their locks?
Ted made this joke after we got the call. So we can't get back in after we leave. It's a joke. ☺

Honest, it's a joke, right Ted? ☺

Good to see some progress on the Caldor fire. Maybe they can shift some resources back to the Dixie fire. Looks like it might tie into the Beckwourth fire :(

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
I don't know Ski,does Ted still have that Famous Axe?
Frank

Just kidding Ted,you know we love you. :ninja:
We are back home. The Teds are absolutely wonderful. They drove one of our vehicles up as Julie just had knee surgery and then they helped with all kinds of clean up around here. We are - for the most part - settled back in. It is great to still have a house to return to. So many in Grizzly Flats lost everything.

We spent two weeks with the Teds and it was a lot of fun. Ted let me help him with projects and such and they helped keep a close eye on Julie post surgery. She's fast and you can't let her get out of sight.

We love the Teds.

"Honest, it's a joke, right Ted? ☺"

Not only was it a joke, I wish they could have stayed longer. I totally took advantage of their situation and worked Monte daily getting rid of a long list of projects I have been procrastinating on. Of course, being the gentleman he is, he calls it "letting me help with projects".

In all seriousness, there were a number of mods I have been planning for the new Tiger RV and some house projects I have been planning for a while. Whether due to fatigue from my cancer treatments, the very hot summer we have been having, or a little of both, none of them were getting done. They are done now and I am forever grateful to the Ski3pins.

And we are all very happy that they have a home to go back to!

Ted said:
"Honest, it's a joke, right Ted? ☺"

Not only was it a joke, I wish they could have stayed longer. I totally took advantage of their situation and worked Monte daily getting rid of a long list of projects I have been procrastinating on. Of course, being the gentleman he is, he calls it "letting me help with projects".

In all seriousness, there were a number of mods I have been planning for the new Tiger RV and some house projects I have been planning for a while. Whether due to fatigue from my cancer treatments, the very hot summer we have been having, or a little of both, none of them were getting done. They are done now and I am forever grateful to the Ski3pins.

And we are all very happy that they have a home to go back to!

Just back from 2 months in N W. Great trip all views limited by smoke. Just like 2019 in Alaska, was enjoyable but couldn't see a Glacier anywhere,but still enjoyable.

Great news! Glad you're both back home, especially with Julie recuperating from knee #2.

Hot smokey summer weather has been a drag for all of us trying to get projects done.

ski3pin said:
We are back home. The Teds are absolutely wonderful. They drove one of our vehicles up as Julie just had knee surgery and then they helped with all kinds of clean up around here. We are - for the most part - settled back in. It is great to still have a house to return to. So many in Grizzly Flats lost everything.

We spent two weeks with the Teds and it was a lot of fun. Ted let me help him with projects and such and they helped keep a close eye on Julie post surgery. She's fast and you can't let her get out of sight.

We love the Teds.
There's no place like home - Welcome back!!

New fire just northeast of Fiddletown, CA, 30 acres with rapid spread. New air and ground resources ordered. Looks like nobody's getting a break.

Back
Top Bottom