Camping Rally at Meadow Lake October 10-12.

I would love to come and meet some of the cool people I've interacted with on this forum. However, it is definitely not in my backyard. I'll need to wait until closer to the time to see how things shake out.

I stopped running fordyce because it was just too hard on my rig. I may bring the Jeep anyway, well see.

Just noticed that new topic has been started. Just reconfirming that hubby, dog and I will attend. It will be on the first leg of our fall trip to AZ and UT
Thanks for setting this up. We are looking forward to meeting all you cool folks. I know there is a lot of know how and fun packed into this site.

Bob, happy to add you to the list. clikrf8, I saw your post on the other thread and put you on the list here. But looks like you won't get the furthest traveled award - mynxd might best you by a bit. Bill, we'll save a spot for you even if it is last minute. And Craig, I figured you would have the jeep. Donna offers to watch the pup while you are wheeling. Good luck getting her to give her back, though.

FYI in case anyone is interested... We will be doing a recon trip to Meadow Lake the weekend of July 12th. Since this location was suggested by fishmore and I've never been there, thought it might be a good idea to get a feel for the area, find a few options for gathering sights, etc. If anyone else wants to join us that would be great. I really have no idea at this point where we will be on the lake, and won't until we arrive. Possibly in the campground but we prefer to boondock. We plan to get there early afternoon Friday.

Lawnmowerman, haven't seen you since the original WTW rally to death Valley. All the way from Tucson? Wow. You are on the list.

Wow, seems like the world is coming; my only problem before of not committing so far, was that's when I usually head to the coast for a couple of weeks at that time every year, but this is so close to me, I could hit it on the way over or on the way back, so put me and "Bob" on the list too! Just may take you up on that July run Ted--now that long last my new frig is in, one short break in trip this week and I'll be ready for some new "adventures", besides "Bob" is bored with staying in Susanville for the last three weeks!

Smoke :p

Let's see... drive 3 days each way for a 2-day event... hmmm, I'm thinking about it... Meeting folks from the forum would be fun, eating roasted pig, seeing the countryside... hmmm, driving 3 days each way.... hmmm. Still thinking. :cautious:

takesiteasy said:
Let's see... drive 3 days each way for a 2-day event... hmmm, I'm thinking about it... Meeting folks from the forum would be fun, eating roasted pig, seeing the countryside... hmmm, driving 3 days each way.... hmmm. Still thinking. :cautious:
FIFY

Enjoy 3 days of seeing the good old USA, finding new camp spots. Attend a great a 2-day event... hmmm, I'm thinking about it... Meeting folks from the forum would be fun, eating roasted pig, seeing the countryside... hmmm, Enjoy 3 days of seeing the good old USA, finding new camp spots.

Takeiteasy,

We have taken an extra day here or there to extend a weekend, but three days in each direction? Wow. I know most of the other long distance attendees are making this part of a longer trip. I you have the time, do as Bill says and make the most of the cross country trip. Or stay longer in CA. The rally is being held less than an hour from Lake Tahoe and a few hours drive to Yosemite. The eastern Sierras will be in their Fall colors. the Pacific coast is fairly close as well. There is a lot to see here. If you are going to drop that much in gas money, I'd make it worth it.

Ted said:
Takeiteasy,

We have taken an extra day here or there to extend a weekend, but three days in each direction? Wow. I know most of the other long distance attendees are making this part of a longer trip. I you have the time, do as Bill says and make the most of the cross country trip. Or stay longer in CA. The rally is being held less than an hour from Lake Tahoe and a few hours drive to Yosemite. The eastern Sierras will be in their Fall colors. the Pacific coast is fairly close as well. There is a lot to see here. If you are going to drop that much in gas money, I'd make it worth it.
Ted/Bill, thanks for the encouragement. :) I was really joking. My wife has a volleyball tournament in Utah at that time. We already decided we couldn't spend the money on gas to drive to that and all the same arguments apply. It is probably unlikely I'll get the ok to drive to CA, even though my son lives in San Francisco and I would like to visit him too.

Ted, I'm not planning on traversing Fordyce so I think I'll keep the dog with me. So far he's been a pretty good Jeep dog. He wasn't too happy being kenneled this past week so it'll be good to bring him along.

Every trip there for me was during the Sierra Trek so I'm not too sure what to expect in October.

Craig-if I make it, "Bob" is looking forward to teaching your beastie how to drive, the only problem is , Bob likes to drink(sometimes)in excess--as his papa I'm teaching him to herd sheep and drink less, but what can you do, kids will be kids, and he still has a problem with a speed shift into third, but he does okay as long a he has a ball and a lake and no hang over :oops:! PS-how was antelope lake?

Smoke

Hard to speed shift a T-90. Maybe Bob could teach Riley how to fetch a ball. Antelope was a good trip. Got to see a deer chasing a coyote. Never seen that before. Might have seen a mountain lion but whatever it was it was fast. Got lost right after finding the Walker mine. Hmmm, wasn't going to do a trip report but maybe I should.

Back
Top Bottom