Covid Vaccine -- Have you got yours?

Very embarrassed for my States "rollout" .... been more of a "rollover" ... Expectations are high but being realistic it is a monumental job . Then there are the lowlifes that are trying to profit at the expense of others. The State sign up website crashed... took 6 days to get back and many of the Vaccines had to be sent elsewhere... Someone hacked in with a Bot.... trying to steal time slots.... disheartening.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.06.17 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.06.17 PM.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 36
Been doing this while... and frankly I am laughing ... it has entered the whack a mole stage.... check out the wait time !

Attachments

• Waiting.jpg
    Waiting.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 57
I'm anxious to get my shots but not so much that I'd dress up as an elderly person. The lengths some people will stoop to boggles the mind.

Yes Frank it was real and as expected I did not have to wait further ... the site shut down as they ran out of vaccine... notice just up.... check again next Thursday 3/4/21
Glad I at least live in the boonies.

Some of all this just doesn't make any sense.
There is so much variation area to area.

Why does this have to be so hard.

Stay safe.Yes it's nice to live away from civilization a bit.
Frank

I am concerned about our seniors who are not adept with technology, emails, websites, and such. Many of them have underlining health issues. I know it is the cold storage necessary with the two current vaccines that causes an impact on where the vaccines end up locally for distribution, but the simplest approach is your primary care doctor's office contacts you and gets you a vaccination. Perhaps the Johnson & Johnson will change/simplify this. I sure hope so.

Yes Ski.For people without internet savvy/or connection it does pose
some problems.

We got spoiled here at our area the health dept seems to be doing a good job of
notifying groups through different outlets.

Sure glad we got ours without any issues.
Frank

I worked US Embassy in 3rd world places ... Paraguay in the 70's... health care was very limited if at all... other places too but if we had a level field... a single National program .... based on science not politics (or as little as humanly possible) .... we are all USA... Alabama should get what New Jersey etc gets. By Numbers. ..... but blah blah I am done... just off phone family in Ireland ...HA! they sent me a video I wish I could post..... but 900 kb too big... made me smile...... They aren't pleased there either.

Ski Wrote:
I am concerned about our seniors who are not adept with technology, emails, websites, and such. Many of them have underlining health issues. I know it is the cold storage necessary with the two current vaccines that causes an impact on where the vaccines end up locally for distribution, but the simplest approach is your primary care doctor's office contacts you and gets you a vaccination. Perhaps the Johnson & Johnson will change/simplify this. I sure hope so.

My Mom is a example... At 89 with not tech to go online to make a appointment, I had her call the local Health center and they were nice enough to put her on a list. We tried the various online pages to no avail.

Find out that the list they put her on is a list only pulled from when there is a cancellation. They were never really going to go to bat for her to use their computer to set up a appointment. She was put on the list January 22.

My gal was at Walmart to get her second Shingles shot when the clerk said you'll need to wait 2 weeks to get the Covid shot. She asked them if they had cancellations, a clipboard showed that yes there were. She is going tomorrow AND my mom with her to get vaccine.

So yes the elderly with no technology are getting passed up!

Wife gets her first today..I get #2 Saturday...yahoooooo ...for me it paid to be a Vietnam vet..

buckland said:
I worked US Embassy in 3rd world places ... Paraguay in the 70's... health care was very limited if at all... other places too but if we had a level field... a single National program .... based on science not politics (or as little as humanly possible) .... we are all USA... Alabama should get what New Jersey etc gets. By Numbers. ..... but blah blah I am done... just off phone family in Ireland ...HA! they sent me a video I wish I could post..... but 900 kb too big... made me smile...... They aren't pleased there either.
Rob maybe it's time we used our EU passports and made the move.
Just saying.
Have a great weekend.
Frank

Can't say I haven't thought that one quite a few times.... But funny thing is my family there says they are also in a lonnnggg queue for the shots too.
I guess it's like the folks pre-boarding a plane...,.they wrestle around...pushing forward...being frantic.... but we all get on board eventually... consequences are a tad different though.

Hope you have a good weekend too. That longtime sun is coming back!

Received my second pfizer vaccination Friday morning. It kicked my butt when I woke Saturday morning. 99.8 fever (usually run around 96.5) and incredible headache and joint pain. I was worthless yesterday. This morning is better and Tylenol is finally working. Time to get dinner in the crock pot and go for a walk. Buck up buckaroo.

Ski some people we have talked to about shots have
said the second one does leave some after issues.

Nice to have it over though. Julie should use her teacher"card" to get hers.
Here in Monterey on the 15th people with health issues 14/65 can start getting a shot.

Has Ted gotten his yet?

Frank

Back
Top Bottom