Covid Vaccine -- Have you got yours?

That is quite a story Patrick. Yours is a belated birthday gift, ours are an early gift. No bloody arm here though.

Got my first shot today. I wasn't sure but caring for an alzheimers parent does count. Not even a sore arm yet.

P.S. Mine was the Pfizer vaccine.

Yep. Sioux (64) and I (68) got our second Pfizer a week ago. No major side effects. (I'm almost afraid we were in the placebo 'control' group!)

Got my second yesterday :) Arm sore... little dull headache but all good so far. They say 2 more weeks before fully protected

XJINTX said:
Got my second yesterday :) Arm sore... little dull headache but all good so far. They say 2 more weeks before fully protected
Roger, which vaccine?

We both have our first Moderna, with just sore arms. Daughter Kate (First Responder) had nausea and aches with here second dose of Moderna.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Roger, which vaccine?

We both have our first Moderna, with just sore arms. Daughter Kate (First Responder) had nausea and aches with here second dose of Moderna.
After I posted this things got a bit worse. It was Moderna. I felt like crap all day yesterday and got a bit worse all day. Sore muscles and joints... my skin hurt ;) Had dull headache and very tired all day. Went to bed at 8 pm :( Luckily I feel normal today :)

My wife and I received our second Moderna shot around noon on Friday (the 12th). By late afternoon we had the typical sore arm and our temperatures were normal. That evening I had a vague feeling that something was coming on and she said she had a bit of tenderness in upper leg joints.

Our temperatures were normal the next morning (Saturday). I slept well but she had only slept about two hours due to multiple discomforts. She said she had stiffness or tenderness in places she has occasional problems (neck and knees). Also, she had discomfort in an elbow which had been stressed by yard work this week.

Beginning mid-morning she said the joint discomfort had subsided but our temp checks showed she had developed a low-grade fever (100.4 - 101.6). That began to subside by 8 pm. My temperature readings never went above normal.

We both noticed that the arm soreness dropped off substantially late in the day. And we both noticed the mental fog was lifting. That would be about 28 hours after the shot. My wife took a Tylenol for a minor headache that evening.

We both slept well overnight and feel back to normal this morning.

Purely anecdotal, but everybody we have spoken to that received the Moderna seemed to have tougher responses vs the Pfizer. Especially the 2nd shot, but reactions varied. And younger people who received the Moderna were more affected, perhaps due to a stronger immune response? But my wife and I agree...if it keeps us out of the hospital we were prepared to take whichever was offered. We got the Pfizer, my wife had slight headache and sore arm. I had sore arm, felt cold (not chills), and was a bit fatigued the next day requiring a few naps. Nothing wrong with naps!

We are scheduled for our first vaccination tomorrow evening.

Funny how we have both begun to talk about trip planning, sights to see and adventures to be experienced a lot more since we know we will get poked soon. The home projects that have consumed us are sinking in priority! Yay!

First shot, Pfizer, accomplished! Took less than an hour. Was it like a Zombie Apocalypse? Yes, because a third or half the olds like us were tottering and bewildered. Walking a few steps, then halting and peering around, before shuffling forward a little more in confusion. Yikes! No, because the heavily staffed lines and stations at the Convention Center moved hundreds, maybe thousands, of people through the process very efficiently. Lots of Coasties, National Guard, Air Guard and others politely and briskly keeping it all flowing. The Z's would be intercepted and guided to where they needed to go with only a couple minutes of delay at the most.

We are scheduled for the 2nd shot on April 6th. Then free, free at last! Thank God in heaven, Free at last! Or at least maybe we should thank Charles Darwin and all the other biologists, geneticists and life scientists that made the vaccines so quickly and effectively.

Three cheers for modern medicine (and BIG GOVERNMENT) that made it all possible!

Who would be willing to take the Russian or Chinese vaccines? I know I'd be hesitant but they're probably just fine.

AWG_Pics said:
First shot, Pfizer, accomplished! Took less than an hour. Was it like a Zombie Apocalypse? Yes, because a third or half the olds like us were tottering and bewildered. Walking a few steps, then halting and peering around, before shuffling forward a little more in confusion. Yikes! No, because the heavily staffed lines and stations at the Convention Center moved hundreds, maybe thousands, of people through the process very efficiently. Lots of Coasties, National Guard, Air Guard and others politely and briskly keeping it all flowing. The Z's would be intercepted and guided to where they needed to go with only a couple minutes of delay at the most.

We are scheduled for the 2nd shot on April 6th. Then free, free at last! Thank God in heaven, Free at last! Or at least maybe we should thank Charles Darwin and all the other biologists, geneticists and life scientists that made the vaccines so quickly and effectively.

Three cheers for modern medicine (and BIG GOVERNMENT) that made it all possible!
Must have been there Sunday. I got mine about 17:00 and get the second dose on April 6 also. While going thru the serpentine line, I kept hearing bits of “It’s a small world, after all” and having a vague feeling that I had been there before.

Was better organized than stories I had heard about it when they got started at the Convention Center. Must have been a side effect of all those people in camo.

Paul

2nd Moderna on 3/16. Achy joints next day. Ready to roam the country today!!

Back
Top Bottom