Covid Vaccine -- Have you got yours?

My parents have both had their second shots. One pfizer and one moderna and other than some injection site pain neither experienced any other effects. My dads brother got his second shot at the same time and he did experience some mild reaction for a day.

"Has Ted gotten his yet?"

Nope. We "compromised Immune" type are included with the March 15 group. So a week to go, if they have any to give.

Ted,

Good luck on getting your Covid dose. I’ve been eligible for 3 weeks but unable to schedule a dose. Almost got signed up this morning but missed it due to web page error near the finish. Very frustrating.

Paul

Same here. Don’t give up but man is it frustrating.... my state is 40th in rollout efficiency... crashed sites ...long waits etc. I tried as well for nearly three weeks.the other night I heard they were releasing info at 6pm... I got on at 5:59 and clicked like crazy at 6:01 they were all gone... but I got an appt. I think... for today at 5 ...I am a tad skeptical but I have an email confirmation. It is a couple hour drive RT... we will see. We also got my wife who was required to be back in the classroom two months ago w/o being offered a shot, an appointment for Wednesday... another fluke of the mouse click. I sure wish the Nation Guard and FEMA were in charge instead of the scattered private places. Keep on clicking.

Ted said:
"Has Ted gotten his yet?"

Nope. We "compromised Immune" type are included with the March 15 group. So a week to go, if they have any to give.
We heard that news yesterday about the people with health issues getting the shots March15.
Get your appointment soon Ted.
Frank

Now the gov says we prioritize underserved neighborhoods (by zip code). Maybe that'll move me up the list a bit.

Ted for what it is worth... get online now and see it there are appointments on or after the 15th...they usually book a week ahead and you don't have to wait to start the process. It was a very frustrating experience here but stay at it. If you have a friend who can type fast that helps too. Contrary to what I expected I actually got the first shot an hour and a half ago. (at a candle factory (?!). Next one 28 days later. two weeks after that I can start rescheduling surgery and all the other medical stuff skipped this last year. If a wick starts growing out of my head I'll know why. :)

Thanks and to those who are trying ... just keep trying... it is a slog for some and easy for others. Here’s to herd immunity.... and getting back out on the range.

My sister just emailed telling me I'm qualified as a caregiver for a parent with alzheimers as an "informal Healthcare Worker". I'm trying to confirm this now.

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!! I got my second dose yesterday, just have a sore arm around the injection site and woke with some general muscle ache all over. It feels like I played a little football without pads. But as the morning goes on and I move around, it is getting better.

Can't wait for two weeks to go by, so I will hit the "fully immunized" threshold. I'm currently in NM and they have been doing a great job registering people and getting people vaccinated.

Good luck to everyone, I home you get access sooner than later.

#2 Pfizer inoculation yesterday afternoon. Arm not as sore as first shot, no other symptoms so far. My wife gets her second in a week. It’s comforting to know that we’ll be fully “juiced” before we visit the in-laws for Easter. And, according to new CDC guidelines I can now visit my 87-year old mother without a mask. She’s very active and this has been particularly tough on her. WooHoo!

Great to hear how many people are getting their shots.
This has been such a major rollout lots of people involved.

Nice to think that by the end of May there will be enough
vaccine for everybody.

Be great to be back to the "new" normal.

Stay safe .
Frank

The good news keeps coming. My wife and I both got emails from Kaiser yesterday afternoon saying we could make appointments for our vaccinations. That in itself was a surprise. But when we made the appointments they were for this morning. That was quick, too. So one down, one to go for both of us! :D

That is wonderful Ted... we are on our way back to the "Good New days" ahead. Thank heavens for scientists ...the development of a Vaccine was usually a 6-8 year process. Incredible what the new research into RNA vaccines are panning out... and for more like it!

Just wanted to add... we live in rural county The Sheriff at the jail said due to Covid the jail is at half what is normal so the medical staff has time on their hands. He is offering them up to Vaccinate the teachers in the county who have been back in the classrooms for a couple months now w/o being offered a shot. This is good news ... the kids need to be in schools and teachers need to feel safe.

Ted said:
The good news keeps coming. My wife and I both got emails from Kaiser yesterday afternoon saying we could make appointments for our vaccinations. That in itself was a surprise. But when we made the appointments they were for this morning. That was quick, too. So one down, one to go for both of us! :D
Yeah!!!!!

As Julie waits for her time to come........................................well, there was snow to shovel today. :)

Ted said:
That is fantastic news Ted.
Make sure you get the "lolly pop"after.

Frank

Sitting in a chair at Walmart and just got the first Moderna shot as a arm to prevent it going to waste. Whoo hoo! Being active on my end paid off.

ski3pin said:
More yeahs!!! for today. :)
Ted congratulations to you and the missus.

Today was like a belated birthday from Monday. Day started out great. Yesterday just finished rebuilding a Stihl ms361 chainsaw and today went next door to noodle some wood rounds to set the rings and tune. Always a blast to run a chainsaw.

As I was walking out the shop door the phone rang and was Alan at Hunts camera store telling me that 1 of 2 camera lenses came in. These are Olympus 150-400mm with a 1.25 teleconverter built in. Been waiting since September 2019 to get one.

Then the third good news was the shot. I decided since the weather is not that great,I would visit the 3 pharmacys that give the shot. Walmart was fine with putting me on a call list for no-shows. While Walgreens and Smiths said you need to be 65 and older. I decided to go back to Walmart near the end of day giving shots.

As luck would have it there were cancellation that it was too late to call people on the call list. Being there worked out great. The pharmacist said his goal was to not waste any doses.

A man was next to me and told the counter person my wife is still at dinner talking to friends. Well I was able to take her shot. I would think making a appointment for a vaccine would be a higher priority than being at dinner with friends. Well at least the husband was responsible.

After the shot I sat down and after 10 minutes I felt my arm cold. I touched it and it was blood. Walmart uses a donut bandage that deliver the needle through the center thin film. My shirt must have pulled up the bottom and blood leaked out pretty good. Pharmacist cleaned me up and mentioned i should have good bruise tomorrow. Having finally getting the shot, blood, and a bruise is worth it.

So that is my 3 good things that made a great day. Here's hoping you all have happy experiences.

Back
Top Bottom