Current Spike in Gas Prices

How are gas prices affecting your travel plans?

• Makes no difference, I'm hitting the road!

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Ouch, I'm staying close to home, shorter trips

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • My wallet is empty, no trips for me.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
ski3pin said:
$6.09 Friday morning in Lee Vining, CA
I paid almost exactly half that in Summerville, SC yesterday.
The cheapest gas stations here have regular <$3.

ski3pin said:
$6.09 Friday morning in Lee Vining, CA
Over $6/gal in Bridgeport too - no surprise. Last I saw it is still under $5 in Walker, not too far behind even at Topaz and points north into Nevada.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
There's one in Gorda/Ragged Point then Cambria.
I think since the Inn at Lucia has been destroyed in
a fire the gas station is closed.

In all these years of going to that area , I don't see why the gas is so much
higher in price then say Big Sur. Cambria isn't that far from Morro Bay or SLO.
Frank
I haven't been in that area for almost 20 years so may memory may be (is likely) faulty. I did hear about the fire in Lucia.

I read that gas in the community of Big Sur was over $7/gal.

so I paid 5.25 on hi-way 101/1 an 395 back 10 years ago! so what's the problem!! look where you are!! 3.50 here an all I get for that are cornfields

$3.09/gallon in Washington, NC (aka Little Washington) on Saturday, Nov 6. Lowest we saw on a Raleigh-Little Washington-Tidewater VA-Raleigh triangle route from 11/4. Base price was $3.29 pretty much across the board throughout northeastern NC-southeastern VA.

dennis 221 said:
so I paid 5.25 on hi-way 101/1 an 395 back 10 years ago! so what's the problem!! look where you are!! 3.50 here an all I get for that are cornfields
That's the thing - Bridgeport had gas over $5/gal more than ten years ago. If it followed the inflation rate what would we be paying now?
But yeah - I get your point - and I also don't drive much - I don't have to. My camping trip last week was about 20 miles from home. I rarely leave my watershed except for groceries. And ski lifts.

ski3pin said:
Yup, $4.999 regular unleaded :)
For a month or so the store in Walker had a lower price than Topaz. Instead of raising the price just because they waited until a new delivery. I didn't know what the price was currently because I have not been to that end of town for a week or so - it is like, a mile or so away.

Made a unexpected trip to southern California last week. The trip down Cajon pass on Sunday pm into the sprawl that is SoCal was a treat.

On the way out I gassed in Barstow. :eek: $4.99/gal. only bought part of a tank. Filled up in Kingman at $3.54/gal. Good Gawd! somethings gotta give. It's ridiculous.

Very happy to return to the intermountain west....

Oil is decreasing in price Friday it went down to $78 a barrel.
Something sure needs to be done.Demand is high supply is low.
OPEC has cut production and that always bumps up the cost.
As the world starts to come out of the pandemic I think we will
see lower prices at the pump.
All we can do is drive as needed and look for the lowest price we can find.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
All we can do is drive as needed and look for the lowest price we can find.
Frank
The lowest prices I've found, so far, are in the Carolinas. But unless you happen to be in the area, probably not worth a cross-country drive to save a few dollars.
;-)

Today I paid $3.189/gal for regular in Swainsboro, Georgia.

Or accept it as part of the cost of travel. I rarely think about fuel costs, and almost always pay over $7 gal equivalent.

Frank, from what I see in the O&G industry, we are heading to over $100 bbl oil again soon. Recovery from COVID will spark a real surge in demand, and investment in new production is low .

Vic Harder said:
Or accept it as part of the cost of travel. I rarely think about fuel costs, and almost always pay over $7 gal equivalent.

Frank, from what I see in the O&G industry, we are heading to over $100 bbl oil again soon. Recovery from COVID will spark a real surge in demand, and investment in new production is low .
I think you are correct Vic.
And good point of view on gas/traveling.
Frank

I tend to agree with Vic. While price does hurt for those that are on the edge, when I see the size of trucks and campers blowing by on the highway, I can only conclude that mileage and price don't really matter. On our current trip been keeping it to pretty much 60 and below which increased our mileage by about 2 mpg.

Back
Top Bottom