Extended Summer - Lots of Pics!

Another update:

http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/2016/04/deeper-in-baja-part-11.html

i-7QpR95L-L.jpg

billharr said:
Your trip just keeps getting better. Keep the reports coming.
Few more posts to catch up on the trip. Headed back out pretty soon as I may be going back down to the Overland Expo this year.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Park, I think a lot of us are jealous (me for certain) of your freedom to travel and explore. Great TR!!
I ought to have my ass back to work but the bug has bitten me. I've now been on the road, on and off, over the past two years. Needless to say......it's been awesome.

takesiteasy said:
Yes, quite the trip (and life). I really enjoy the photos. Crazy small world indeed.
Thanks.

longhorn1 said:
Park, thanks for posting such amazing trip reports. Something different everyday. As Ski said, stay a while longer. jd
Will do. Some more updates coming.

Couple of more updates before I cross back over the border. Got this one and one more Baja post to come. Then it's on to Joshua Tree and Death Valley....

Update: http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/2016/04/deeper-into-baja-part-13_20.html?spref=fb

i-vzcTSBz-L.jpg

Park, really enjoyed following your journey. The geologist ' s cabin has been written up several times and looks like a great place to spend a couple of nights. jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

longhorn1 said:
Park, really enjoyed following your journey. The geologist ' s cabin has been written up several times and looks like a great place to spend a couple of nights. jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app
It's one of my favorite places out west. The beauty, remoteness, and solitude all combine to make it one of those special places. If ever out this way you should make the effort to get to it. Even if it's occupied there are some other great camp spots down in the valley. Here's a picture from a great campsite not far from the cabin.

i-64j2rJw-L.jpg

Update:

My trip to Baja and points in between was coming to an end as I slowly worked my way back to Tacoma. The trip down to Baja had been a good one but I needed to get back to the real world. I always have mixed emotions when returning from a trip. I dread coming back to a city with its traffic, surplus people, and hectic pace but force myself to accept it in order to see loved ones again...........

http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/2016/05/north-cascade-national-park.html

North%20Cascade%20%2829%20of%2030%29-L.jpg

Awesome story and photographs Park. I'm counting down the days until I'll have "Nowhere to Be" (6 years + 1 month!).

Park, enjoyed your report. Nice to see the view from Hurricane Ridge. When we were there a few years ago, we could see nothing as a blizzard hit. They closed the park and everyone had to leave as they were worried we would get stuck up there in the snow. Always enjoy your photographs.

Little bummed out today as I'm not going to be able to attend the Overland Expo down in Arizona as planned. To lift my spirits I headed over to the Wenatchee National Forest area for a little camping in my new, to me, rig. Picked up a mint 98 Chinook with only 35,000 miles on it. One of those "wild hair in the ***" type of purchases but I'm not kidding, the thing is in mint condition. Guy who owned it kept it in an airplane hangar for the past 18 years. I've always liked the Chinooks so figured I'd go for it. Hell, you only live once! Really nice camping in it this weekend. Super comfy and drives like a dream. The term "glamping" is certainly warranted when hanging out in this thing. May be doing some extended periods in it so wanted something a little more liveable than the pop up. Not getting rid of the FWC though as it certainly serves a unique niche.

DSCF1158-XL.jpg

Some kayakers near camp running a class 4+ on the Cooper River.

Kayakers%20Cooper%20River%20%281%20of%201%29-XL.jpg

Kayakers%20Cooper%20River%20%2813%20of%204%29-XL.jpg

Cold water plunge.............

Kayakers%20Cooper%20River%20%2811%20of%204%29-XL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom