Extended Summer - Lots of Pics!

Park, be careful... First a Chinook, next thing you know you're going to buy an Airstream. It's a disease called RVAS (RV Acquisition Syndrome)...

Looks nice!

Edit: I just looked at your blog and saw you self diagnosed the disease. ;)

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Park, be careful... First a Chinook, next thing you know you're going to buy an Airstream. It's a disease called RVAS (RV Acquisition Syndrome)...

Looks nice!
No worries. I can't afford an Airstream unless it's over 40 years old and in bad shape. Unbelievable what those things sell for.....new or used.

Update to the blogsite. A gear review on a solar system I purchased prior to the Baja trip this past winter.

http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/2016/06/gear-review.html

i-69fRV3D-L.jpg

I always look forward to your next post. I don't know about the canned spinach though... I haven't had the canned stuff since I was a kid. Maybe I should give it another try.

Thanks for sharing!

Great trip report and beautiful photos as usual. Sad about the trash- I don't get it either. Thanks for posting.

I've been kind of stuck here in Washington and didn't get off on a trip to the Upper Peninsula in Michigan as planned. I'm headed up to Bella Coola up in BC for a couple of weeks this week-end. Hopefully, to photograph some grizzlies. Not sure if I'm taking the Chinook or the FWC just yet. I did get the Chinook over to Northwestern Washington this past week-end and got around to updating the blogsite. If interested you can check out the update here:

http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/2016/08/northwestern-washington.html

Cape%20Flattery%20%284%20of%2020%29.jpg

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Park, thanks for sharing. That is a neat area? Did you get to the Makah museum at Neah Bay?
I stopped by there but ended up not going in. I'm a cheap ass and didn't want to spend the $5. I've been to so many different Indian museums throughout the country I figured it didn't really offer that much. I poked my head in and opted out.

MARTD Whidbey did a lot of support for the archeological dig that recovered the artifacts from the village that was covered by the landslide. Lots of flight hours spent ferrying people and gear.

Very nice. The colors of the landscape seemed so saturated; I guess that's what a little rain can do.

Was the swimming hole (the final pic) a hot spring by chance?

GroovyDad said:
Very nice. The colors of the landscape seemed so saturated; I guess that's what a little rain can do.

Was the swimming hole (the final pic) a hot spring by chance?

No hot springs in the picture. Just a nice deep hole at the base of the small fall. Colors are pretty saturated down in the gullies.

Always enjoy your blog posts. Thanks for posting them. I've always like the looks of the smaller Chinooks but as you point out, they do limit where you can go, a fatal flaw.

takesiteasy said:
Always enjoy your blog posts. Thanks for posting them. I've always like the looks of the smaller Chinooks but as you point out, they do limit where you can go, a fatal flaw.
Thanks. The Chinook is a well built Class B and super comfortable but it certainly has its limitations. Like I always say there is no perfect rig. All have pros and cons. Certainly not getting rid of the Toyota and FWC though.

ski3pin said:
Wonderful post and photos Park! Thank you. :)
Glad you liked them. Sure was fun getting the grizzly pictures.

Posted this over in the landscape photography but thought I'd post it here as well. Was headed for a dinner engagement the other night and rounded the corner to see these clouds setting up. Dropped off the better half at the party and drove back across town to fetch the camera. Just thought it'd be a good picture and didn't want to pass it up. I was fashionably late for dinner.......

Landscape%20Tacoma%20BW.jpg

^^^^^^ stunning picture of the lenticulars!! Well worth the effort, thank you for posting..

Really enjoyed reading your blog on Baja.. So much to see and do!
We came to your Agua verde camp spot ( a favorite )last April the week after semana Santa... We couldn't stay there because of all the litter left by the previous revalers.. Such a beautiful spot absolutely f-ing trashed!! Grrrrrr!! To much to pick up.. A pick up full easy.. Que idiotas!!

10 weeks is a solid chunk of Baja time.. Back in '97 the wife and I did 8 weeks out of the back of a Toyota.. Came home from that trip and bought a four wheel camper for $400.... Life changed for us with that purchase!

Keep on Bloggin on Park!!!

TT

Back
Top Bottom