Fan options?

VanGoOutdoors

Through our insane hurricane last night we found that the fantastic fans are useless opened more than 2" or so

Has anyone found a better option for wet climates (Rails often in florida) other than the huge rain covers?

I did find these from fantastic fan, but havent found a ton of first hand reviews
http://www.fantasticvent.com/fan-tastic-vent-s-retail-ez-breeze-fan.html

Worried it may not move all that much air though.

the fan we have currently moves a good bit of air
High 920 3.00 40
Medium 653 2.29 39
Low 478 1.86 39

This is the best option i have found, but open to others?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002OWAIB8/ref=twister_B010Q1FJ0I?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Anyone know if it will use the same holes as the existing fan to mount?

Mount a fan on your tie down access door, pull the air from there,other than that you'll have to deal with the weather. Ron

Did that once (opened turnbuckle access doors with fans pulling out) ... had 50 bloodsuckers in the camper before I even realized what was going on.

Dar

Covers like the MaxAire you linked are your best option for keeping water out, even allowing ventilation on the road. That said, I've not seen a popup like an ATC or FWC with one mounted. The downside would be a bit of weight, and possible leaks from mounting screws.

The Fantatic MaxxFan works great. I replaced my stock Fantastic fan (2015 Hawk) with this (same screw holes). Way better and built in rain guard & can travel with it open. Pulls a ton of air. Can even circulate air like a ceiling fan with the vent closed. No weight issue & no leaking if properly sealed when installing. Way worth it!

DaveL said:
The Fantatic MaxxFan works great. I replaced my stock Fantastic fan (2015 Hawk) with this (same screw holes). Way better and built in rain guard & can travel with it open. Pulls a ton of air. Can even circulate air like a ceiling fan with the vent closed. No weight issue & no leaking if properly sealed when installing. Way worth it!
the Maxxair you mean?

I am currently looking at changing out my Fantastic Fan this winter for a Maxxair Deluxe 7500k as well as installing an additional one where I currently only have a vent. I took a look the other day and to my delight, it was already wired. Maxxair looks to be the best option as far as fans go right now and some of the features I really like are that it has a rain cover that closes tight against the roof, thermostat, and that you can run it in a ceiling fan mode. Good luck in your fan endeavors.

Back
Top Bottom