How about a Spring Time WTW Rally - Carrizo Plain ?

Bseek said:
Whoa! Bill's put mine to shame. Those are great photos.
Your photos are fine, but I understand the feeling. I am so humbled by the talent on the forum. We are blessed that so many great photos are shared.

Thanks to all.
Paul

Hoping they'll still be there for us. If the rain would would take a few days off for us I'd be okay with that too :)

Just about time to start prepping the rig. Overdue to get out of town.

Randy P and I went out on Saturday to do a second recon for the geotour. Spent 15 hours in Randy's Jeep traveling over hill & dale.

I have all the tour stops worked out and will return next Saturday to confirm mileage for each stop. The bloom is pretty decent right now, but not what I would classify as a "superbloom" as seen in the past. There were a lot of people touring, more than I have ever encountered.

KCL and Selby camps were full to capacity. Randy and I did manage to locate a decent site for a dispersed boondock camp that would work for a group our size. Will contact Bill Harr and submit a complete report.

Talked with Tuff Guy 62, he said there were a lot of campers when he was there and Shelby campground was full on the weekend. He plans on arriving on Thursday I will be there early Friday afternoon. Is anyone else planning on arriving early? With 18 rigs coming we will need 9 sites if we double up.

Please post up if you can arrive early.

If we use the dispersed area everyone needs to remember you will need to be self contained. Also if you have a fire pan please bring it as there are no fire pits in the dispersed area.

Well, I plan on leaving friday morning. Hopefully on ontime departure but I've been known to dally :cautious: Hoping for a late afternoon early evening arrival.

Rig is prepped, heading out tomorrow night w/ Ms. Tuff Chick. Meeting Randy P and his better half at Reyes Station (juntion Hwy 166 & Soda Lake Road) on Saturday morning. We'll finish the geo-tour road log and do a little boondocking on the plain Saturday night. Will update y'all upon return.

Tuff Guy 62,

I'd much enjoy a link to or posting of your geo-tour road log once it's ready. Still working full time in NC so a weekend at CPNM is out of range at this time. Love the geology out there, though, so will be doing your tour vicariously through the group.

Foy

wc6glenn said:
Is there room for one more vehicle? Would like to go if possible
Thanks..
I will add you to the list. This is sort of a "flash mob" rally, no formal organization as the campground can not be reserved. We hope to have enough campers show up early and get spots for us to double up in the sites. Will know more when Tuff Guy 62 reports after this weekend.

Foy said:
Tuff Guy 62,

I'd much enjoy a link to or posting of your geo-tour road log once it's ready. Still working full time in NC so a weekend at CPNM is out of range at this time. Love the geology out there, though, so will be doing your tour vicariously through the group.

Foy

10-4 will do.

I'll scan as a pdf. Send me a PM and I'll e-mail it to you after the rally.

Hate to say, but I'm not going to be able to come after all. Just too much going on, etc. etc. and other lame excuses. Have fun,,,,,,

Where is the dispersed camping area? I've never been there and if I come down Thursday, I'd like to find the correct area. Can someone point it out on a map??
Thanks!

I get to have a biopsy the day before I head on down. Hope that doesn't get interesting. A few WTW markers by the early arrivers would be nice. Anyone thinking maybe a potluck on at least one day?

craig333 said:
I get to have a biopsy the day before I head on down. Hope that doesn't get interesting. A few WTW markers by the early arrivers would be nice. Anyone thinking maybe a potluck on at least one day?
Lets try for a pot luck on Saturday night. Bring what you make best.

Back
Top Bottom