How about a Spring Time WTW Rally - Carrizo Plain ?

Vintage62 said:
I'm moving from 'maybe' to 'going!'. Party of 2. Looking forward to meeting the WTW crew. I know from long experience that Tuff Guy runs great field trips!

Sweet Vintage62!!

I'm sitting on a six pack of Deschutes Brewery Obsidian Stout, painfully holding out to share with you.

Cheers! ;)

Is there a deadline for saying "Yes" to join this gathering? Or is there a maximum number of participants?
Just wondering...

Rally without any rules at this time. More of a gathering than a rally. Other than Tough guys field trip there are no firm plans. If you can make it please come down.

billharr said:
Rally without any rules at this time. More of a gathering than a rally. Other than Tough guys field trip there are no firm plans. If you can make it please come down.
OK. I ask because it's unlikely I'll be able to attend. But just in case I decide to ignore other life factors and -- at the last minute -- head down there anyway...sounds like it won't be against the rules.

I do not think there are any rules concerning his meet Mark, it's sort of happening.! Me if I go it may be down the east side and over to the west or what ever. Sounds like a possible adventure.

Smoke

Okay, lets not assign pig duty to MarkBC. Be nice and respect others? What other rules do we have?

Smokecreek1 said:
I do not think there are any rules concerning his meet Mark, it's sort of happening.! Me if I go it may be down the east side and over to the west or what ever. Sounds like a possible adventure.

Smoke
Domino would really like to see Bob...come on down !

Drove out to the Carrizo Sundy. All roads were dry and passable. It's green, but less wild flowers. Some starting at higher elevations. Desert Candles near the top of the Mtns near Caliente peak and the radio towers. I had hoped that there would be wild flowers aplenty, but as the volunteer in the Goodwin Education Center pointed out, no rain inebruary there. But rain is predicted Friday, Saturday and Sunday coming up. We just need a Little more before April and into April to bring the wild flowers. Drove Belmont to Elkhorn to Simmler roads over the dam then soda lake road to the Goodwin education center and on to Selby road and the campground then up and over the Caliente range to the Richfield Oil locked gate and back to the top of the ridge and then North along the ridge, then back down to Sodal Lake road south toward KCl camp turning off East to cross the San Andreas Escarpment and then North on Elkhorn to a few dead ends east and back to Elkhorn & Hurricanr road then over the Temblors to the oil fields and on to Taft for fuel. then back on hwy 166 thru New Cuyama where I found the Buckhoen Saloon Restaurant and Motel open again. The gas station was open at 7PM when i went thru. Then to US 101 at Santa Maria and back North on 101 to Margarita, a good drive. Looking forward to the rendezvous in April.

I hope to go to DV this weekend into next week, see some wild flowers.

Good grief! You covered some ground!

Good to know about the Buckhorn. Friends used to fly in for the famous to aviators "$100 Hamburger."

I had hopes of making this, but family plans are too close to it.

Hi Bill,

Please add one more rig and two people coming with me for a total of three folks and two rigs.

Thanks
Bob

Hi Bill-Still not sure, but making plans to try and attend-dang back rehab going slower than I want. One truck, one person and one dog! Again sorry can't be more sure about things.

Smoke

billharr said:
One month to go. I have a commitment on the 7th so will leave on Friday the 8th. Please check the list on my first post, if you need to make a change from going to not going let me know. 18 rigs going with 3 maybe.

See you in a Month.
Hoping to get out to the plain next week to "finalize" the geotour road log.

I'll get to Selby Camp in the AM on the 7th to "lock down" some choice spots for the rally.

I'd love to see it rain right up to the trip. Hopefully a break for the trip then back to rain. Either way we'll deal with what we get. I expect a friday evening arrival.

Wildflowers are starting to come out.

2016 SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA WILDFLOWER REPORTS
7.gif

Mar 18, 2016 Gerry Reports: These were taken 3/16/16 in Carrizo Plains. All along Huricane Road.
cp1244A20C35F1.jpg

cp265B2B56A56EE.jpg

cp4A6AEA9D8EBF73244.jpg

Read more: http://www.desertusa.com/wildflo/ca.html#ixzz43OMX9my8

full

My parents went to Carizzo Plain this weekend and said it was beautiful. Here is a picture of the vista.

full

and here are the individual flowers that make up the glow.

I hope we won't be too late.

Back
Top Bottom