Sightings thread

Spotted the usual handful in the Big Sur area last weekend. Of note what appeared to be an ATC flatbed set up at Andrew Molera on Sunday. Can't be too many of those afoot.

October 7th I saw a couple of FWC setups in the campground at Bryce. We got back to camp late and left really early but the early departure will be part of my trip report to come sometime soon.

ATC flatbed at Jamala Beach this morning. Came in after we had called it a day. All the curtains were closed this morning when we left so did not get to say hello. Anyone on WTW?

gallery_1903_734_923351.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^ I see this guy around my neck of the woods alot (he may have been who I saw at Andrew Molera a couple of weeks ago) Note the chimney for his woodburning stove.

^^^^^ SunMan the unit did have a Colorado plate on it. I wish some one was up I wanted to see what was under the chimney.

Mid-morning today we met a FWC on a white Tacoma, headed north on Highway 97 between Wasco and Morrow in north central Oregon; friendly smile and a wave as they went by-

Otis

billharr said:
^^^^^ SunMan the unit did have a Colorado plate on it. I wish some one was up I wanted to see what was under the chimney.
Saw him yesterday in my neighborhood surfing. Same plates. Chatted briefly, turns out it was him I saw in Big Sur. We are 100 miles from Jalama.

Was down for a week vacation and spotted this FWC Eagle on the street. Didn't see the owners though but it had Mexico plates.

Would have liked to know the story. My guess it's owned by a surfer.

What did you think about Sayulita?

I really liked Sayulita. Small village feeling although quite a few "non locals". Prices were about the same as the US for food, etc. but it was a great place and I'd go back again (plus our friends own a place down there).

I didn't see any surf racks on the truck although there were some thule bars. Maybe a SUP.

Monday November 24th, early afternoon, saw an ATC parked at Zabriskie point, Death Valley National Park. Tuesday morning 8 am, possibly the same rig was set up in Sunset Campground, just beyond the group of Airstreams.

On Monday on our way to the coast on Oregon 126, met an eastbound FWC on an early dark colored Tacoma, just west of Eugene. A bit later in the morning met a bronze-ish colored full size pickup with a FWC, southbound on highway 1, between Florence and Yachats. And yesterday, sitting at the Green Salmon coffee shop in Yachats, spotted a nice Northstar popup heading south through town.

Back
Top Bottom