Sightings thread

Started my lunch break a bit late today. Came up from the shop and I had a sighting right in my own driveway -

gallery_1902_252_31701.jpg

gallery_1902_252_59039.jpg

Off on a tour of the Southwest and spotted a few raptors:
1. Hawk on a dark blue Chevy (if I remember right) w/ Texas plates at Sand Island CG outside of Bluff, UT. on Mar. 28-29.
2. Another Hawk on another gray/blue Chevy (I think) at the visitors center at Natural Bridges on April Fools .
3. Eagle on a Tacoma on the Notom Rd. headed for Cedar Mesa CG in Capitol Reef on Apr 3.
It's kind of exciting to see them out in the wild!

RnK

Two big rigs seen in the lower Natchez Trace camp ground. Talked to the owner of the one from Germany They were finishing a drove around the USA. From Natchez Trace they were headed for Baltimore and the camper was gong to be loaded on a shop back to Germany.

France.
med_gallery_1903_888_1402993.jpg

Germany.
med_gallery_1903_888_2717854.jpg

I noticed a 4 Wheel Camper at our local RV Park last night. got to go see where it is from..

Robbie

We were heading to NC Friday for the weekend heading SB on 295 around Richmond, when we spotted a NB full size truck with a FWC spur edition. Pretty unusual to see on the east coast, and just curious if the owner is a member here.

I spotted a Toyota with a Hawk model yesterday - June 6th. I84 traveling between Boise and Twin Falls Idaho. He had Twin Falls plates. Maybe Idaho Ron???

Yesterday heading south on 97 between Yakima WA and Redmond OR we met a nice Northstar pop-up on a silver Ranger, and a bit further south we passed a Scamper pop-up on an older red Tacoma. It was a great weekend for some travel and camping!

Pulling the Airstream back from Southern Oregon, we played leap frog with 'Tracker', a nice looking Hawk on a white f150. A nice looking camper.

7-26-15 @ 2:50 pm. Passed a Hawk on a silver full size truck. Hawk heading east on Hwy 4 just above the Highland Lakes exit. I was going west on my bike. If you saw someone on a red motorcycle wearing a bright yellow jacket waving, that was me.

Here's a photo of an Alaskan Camper on a flat bed. I met this fellow in Central Oregon at one of my birding hot spots, and really liked how he had things set up. It's been his home for 14 years, and he's had it in some rugged places, so it shows some wear. The important part is, it's still going strong. The aluminum flatbed was from Highway Products in So. Oregon. Photo provided by the owner.

20226163789_ac0b17f4e4_c.jpg

From earlier this week -- forgot to post then:
Spotted mid-afternoon on August 4 in downtown Bend, Oregon, parked at Drake Park: a FWC Grandby on a Toyota with Arizona plates.
(I might have guessed it was from AZ since it has a/c ;) )

20150804--1.JPG 20150804--2.JPG

Anyone know someone from AZ who was visiting/passing-through Bend this past week?

Saw two FWC this weekend. First was a Toyota Tacoma with an Eagle heading north on I-5 just south of downtown Seattle Friday about noon. Today I saw a first gen Tundra with a Hawk heading east on the Mt. Baker highway.

Playing around in the eastern sierras this weekend and had so many sightings I'm not sure I remember them all. Saturday morning a FWC got behind us coming down Monitor Pass heading to 395. Then Sunday morning on 108 a few miles west of 395 was a FWC parked in a turnout near the Walker River. Not a minute later a FWC heading up 108 towards Sonora Pass went by. About mid day Sunday we saw a FWC parked at Caples Lake on HWY 88 and two more on the road near Carson Pass. It was a sightings palooza!

Ted said:
Playing around in the eastern sierras this weekend and had so many sightings I'm not sure I remember them all. Saturday morning a FWC got behind us coming down Monitor Pass heading to 395. Then Sunday morning on 108 a few miles west of 395 was a FWC parked in a turnout near the Walker River. Not a minute later a FWC heading up 108 towards Sonora Pass went by. About mid day Sunday we saw a FWC parked at Caples Lake on HWY 88 and two more on the road near Carson Pass. It was a sightings palooza!
We saw about 4 on highway 88 alone yesterday afternoon, easily reaching the definition of "palooza".

I met a couple at the Black Rock Meteor camp out that had recently bought a very nice used Grandby. I took a tour of it and it seemed downright palatial compared to the Bobcat.

Back
Top Bottom