Sightings thread

We spotted a flatbed mount down at the S. Yuba River crossing on Bowman Rd. recently.
I took a quick snap, since I'm interested in the idea.

What are the odds of meeting:

- Two white Ford F-150 long beds both with base/work truck trim and payload packages purchased in the same year.
- Both with a Granby purchased from the same FWC dealer within several months.
- Who live 130 miles apart but fish the same Iowa trout streams.

In Glacier CNP near Revelstoke, Canada, in late July, 2015?

iowahiker - We saw a rig exactly like the ones you describe on Sat., August 1st on Boulder Mountain in Utah. I thought it might have been yours but it had Ohio plates. No one was around the truck so we could not learn more.

Two weeks ago, as I was driving up and down the 395, I saw quite a few pop up truck campers. I stopped at a parking lot in Bishop ( to do laundry and get dinner) and a 4Wheel Camper on a Toyota parked right next to me.

Yesterday, Friday late morning, I spotted a late model, dark metallic-green Tacoma and Fleet parked at the bike trail access at the south end of Tingley Drive in Albuquerque. The truck had Montana vanity plates (I noted the name, but am not publishing it here.) It was a newish side-dinette camper - the curtains were open. They had a swing-away bike rack on the back - no bikes so I assume they were on the trail, as was I. I left my Bosque Bill calling card under the driver's wiper blade, but haven't heard from them. A nice clean rig. I rarely ever see a FWC in Albuquerque (other than my own Fleet.)

Arrived back at D.H. Day campground this afternoon and there was a FWC at the the office. I parked and went in. They had seen me pull up and figured I stopped to say HI and they were correct. Campground was full and the ranger was showing them some other locations. They were from Colorado and had just come from Acadia National Park in Maine and we're traveling back. We spoke for a few minutes, shook hands and wished them well. They hadn't seen a pop-up their entire trip until they saw our Grandby. Go FWC. jd

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app

Cayuse said:
Ran into this family in Glacier http://www.clunkmonkey.com/ great people out on a wonderful adventure. Really enjoyed talking with them.
Thanks for that link to their web site, Cayuse. That made my day.

Everyone-- Don't miss the wonderful photos on that web site.... then click on the About and Preface tabs at the top of the page. Especially the Preface tab. Wow.

Traveling south on Michigan M22 we passed an Alaskan cabover headed North near the Platt River. Only 2 pop-ups on our trip and both in less tan 18 hours.

Met a Hawk (?) as we were coming down the hill westbound into Grand Coulee, WA Saturday morning. They were headed eastbound maybe to escape the smoke?

Saw 5 FWCs today going through Yosemite. One Hawk and one fleet or eagle driving out on hwy 120. Two Hawks parked going over Tioga Pass and an older Hawk on a first gen Tundra at Whoa Nellie Deli.

Lot of smoke, below is a picture of half dome from Olmsted Point really it is right there.
12017466_10205403516303653_5108944850869077598_o.jpg

Just wondering how many out there see other FWC's?
First this year in WI today heading south on WI-42 around 3:30pm between Algoma & Kewaunee. Bugs on the front and thought it might have been a Hawk.

On Wednesday, 9/30/15 at 2:30 pm, I saw what was the second FWC I have spotted in Michigan (mine being the other). A four door white Dodge 2500 heading south on US131 and taking the eastbound ramp for Interstate 196.
Just thought I would throw a line out. Kind of a novelty since I have never noticed another one around here in my travels since buying it in 2009. Cool to see one.

Got passed by a Hawk on a white Dodge Saturday 10/3 just east of Kingman, AZ on Interstate 40, whoever it was wouldn't of noticed me as I was driving a 26 foot U-haul at the time., Would much rather have had my camper, fell in love with the Sonoran Desert!

To wi_hawk post. Bingo, you must have spotted us. Just did not know my buggy front was so noticeable. We had been catching those bugs for 2 weeks at that time on our way out to Upper Michigan. Just got back to Everett, WA after 30 days on the road. We were traveling South on 42 between Algoma and Kewaunee, WI at about 3 to 3:30pm on that day. We were headed for Milwaukee. During this trip I only remember seeing 2 4WD campers the whole trip. Not sure, but one was in Wisconsin and another in Wyoming. Not sure where or when. The Wisconsin one could of been you. Have gotten several questions on where to get these campers, at lest several times a week. In fact one man and his wife followed us to the campground in Iowa. He said he saw us in town about 5 miles away and then waited till we found a site before they approached us to ask questions about the camper. Soon as I finish my blog and get my photos edited and posted in the trips topic, I will let you know where to find the blog. Now I have to wash that truck.
Mike Dunn

The Vons grocery store in Bishop California is the best spot we have seen for ATC/FWC watching. We saw several campers coming and going every time we restocked (beer, bagels, and donuts) from as far away as Texas but mostly California.

Passed a Hallmark Everest on I-90 in New York and passed him again on Rainbow Bridge, crossing the Canadian Border, headed for Niagara Falls, Ontario

Attachments

• 1444509079538.jpg
    1444509079538.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 119
To Mikedunn post, so that was you, nice to know, ws not in the Hawk but running around in the Crossfire, seen 2 other FWC in the Upper last week of Sept, will post more info later.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Wander The West mobile app

Back
Top Bottom