Sightings thread

I guess it's just something you never stop noticing once you notice it....

Saw this article and pic come across my Fakebook feed this AM... and there it was...

Hope all is well folks!

Pat

Attachments

• 12341188_10153494335625817_4705301820734567658_n.jpg
    12341188_10153494335625817_4705301820734567658_n.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 225
Seem today in Mojave National Preserve.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 184
Spotted this nice looking rig at SugarBowl today. Looks like they are spending a couple of days.
Who can blame them? There's great snow up on the summit and good weather ahead.

Sunday March 6th, spotted a FWC on a white Toyota Tundra with bikes on the front of the truck going west on Highway 50 just east of Placerville.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Wed night ,newer Ford white Ranger/FWC Eagle. Santa Barbara fish restaurant at the beach area.
Looked like a brand new camper. Nice rig.
Frank
Frank, that could be the same one Alley-Kat posted a photo of over in random fwc photos

img_138539_4_0791d59784f0310035a7f5c03778f73a.jpg

ski3pin said:
Frank, that could be the same one Alley-Kat posted a photo of over in random fwc photos

img_138773_4_0791d59784f0310035a7f5c03778f73a.jpg
Ski that's the one.
Nice rig.Didn't have time to search out the owner,we were getting hungry and needed to find some food.
Actually saw about 5 FWC rigs over the weekend down south.This was the only one not moving.
Frank

A week and a half ago (March 9th, I believe) I passed a northbound FWC rig on Florida's US-1 Overseas Highway a few miles south of Florida City. I was southbound for Key West in my F150/Hawk and traffic was moving fast so I only had a brief glimpse of it over that distinctive blue highway divider on that stretch of road. I thought of posting a sighting but then decided I wasn't even sure what the truck was much less the camper.

This morning I realized it was almost assuredly Zach Bowman's Dodge/flatbed Grandby, also known as Bowman Odyssey. I've been enjoying the posts about it on Facebook (here), Expedition Portal (here), and TheDrive (here).

- Old Crow

Missed that one as its impossible (or at least way too time consuming) to read every thread on expo.

Whose FWC is in this Lippincott Road video taken Friday March 25th? It appears 8:59 minutes into the video. I did not film the video, I found it, of course, on YouTube.

This is a sort-of remote/indirect sighting. It might be somewhere in Central Oregon. Oregon plates, maybe.

It's 'remote/indirect' because I sighted it tonight (for a few seconds) on TV in a promo for the local KTVZ TV weather team, I guess it's showing how their weather forecasts aid successful camping :D .
Anyone want to claim ownership?

Click on the thumbnails:
KTVZ_Sighting-1.jpg KTVZ_Sighting-2.jpg
(These are pictures of my TV screen taken with my phone.)

We visited Bridgeport State Park on Sunday to hike the Buttermilk Trail. The trail is locally famous for spring bloom with lupines, poppies, fiddleneck, globe lily and much more. We spotted a white pickup with a newish Hawk (round door). I didn't get to say hello to the gentleman who flipped up a white antenna(?) on the Hawk before walking off.

ski3pin said:
Whose FWC is in this Lippincott Road video taken Friday March 25th? It appears 8:59 minutes into the video. I did not film the video, I found it, of course, on YouTube.

Saw this video posted on the Saline forum as well.

We spotted a 2014 silver edition Fleet on a light brown Tacoma parked at the Alma Store and Grill near Glenwood, New Mexico this afternoon. Arizona plates. Super-clean rig.

-Old Crow

Crossing the Pudding River in scenic downtown Aurora, Oregon, I saw a white Tacoma with what looked like Fleet or Eagle. It was heading SB on hwy 99.

On May 24th at Valley of the Gods, Stalking Light drove right past two guys on motorcycles with kids.

That was DrJ and 68 Siesta.

Probably couldn't figure out who were those two weird guys that waved.

DrJ said:
On May 24th at Valley of the Gods, Stalking Light drove right past two guys on motorcycles with kids.

That was DrJ and 68 Siesta.

Probably couldn't figure out who were those two weird guys that waved.
Ah, you're right. I thought you guys just didn't like the dust. [emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom