Sightings thread

Lighthawk said:
Ouch! I've come close to losing a box of flies a few times.
Do you do your own tying?
This box was 'bout half and half, store bought (or from friends) and my ties. I discovered the loss a couple days later after a steep, long descent down to another lake. "Where's my fly box!" :(

Oh, I bet that discovery was worth a few choice words. Sorry for your loss. But you can look forward to a nice winter hobby filling a new box if you don't get that one back (which I hope you do).

takesiteasy said:
Oh, I bet that discovery was worth a few choice words. Sorry for your loss. But you can look forward to a nice winter hobby filling a new box if you don't get that one back (which I hope you do).
I was thinking the same thing - it's a pleasure to sit near the warm fireplace tying flies during the winter. Ski, I hope you had stuck a few flies into your cap to tide you over.

Ford with FWC or maybe ATC camper ....101 southbound in Tillamook, OR.....missed what state.

Unknown model or perhaps the ATC campers do not have model names on side of
camper ?

Any way, happy travels folks.

Post Scriptus....No, I do not live in the Fred Meyers parking lot where many of these sightings occur....

Mostly we only have one coastal route in these parts.

DavidGraves
NoOrCo

I saw this FWC at Lake Davis, CA, last weekend while camping in the area.

rsz_dsc_0017.jpg

Seen in Sunny Gulch campground in the Sawtooth National Recreation area late July 2016. A couple from Washington, both teachers, with their Tacoma and silver colored FWC Fleet. Unfortunately they were having trouble with heir electrical system keeping up with the demands of their compressor front opening fridge.

gallery_1902_252_202312.jpg

In Bend, Oregon about 6 p.m. today, a "small" FWC camper on a "small" truck with VIRGINIA PLATES -- pulling into the Market of Choice parking lot.
A kayak on the roof of the camper.
Don't see too many Virginians in Bend...

I practically never see a pop-up camper in or around Albuquerque, but saw an ATC(?) shell(?) on the back of a small white pickup on El Pueblo Road in Los Ranchos de Albuquerque. We waved at each other, but kept going. I had a green chile cheese burgers to get home while still hot. :)

This morning and FWC with a Yakima box on top westbound on I-90 just estabrook if Spokane. Was a bit preoccupied with a server outage and was almost past it before it registered, maybe a Hawks on a grey truck?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Wander The West mobile app

My lucky week for sightings in the ABQ area. This morning a late model Fleet sporting a Jackson Hole FWC decal on the door was found at the Alameda Open Space parking lot on a charcoal Tundra with a NM amateur radio plate. I say "late model" as it had what I believe to be one of the new-style open-door-latches. I left one of my Bosque Bill calling-cards under the windshield wiper. Nice looking rig with an awning on the side and a bike rack on the back.

Bill

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Looks like there are going to be happy people in the PNW. I saw a trailer with at least 3 FWC campers near Tigard on I-5.
I might be one of those people. Find out in about a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom