Sightings thread

Best guess... I believe Bobcat is Sean Bagshaw's. He is a pro nature photographer out of Ashland, Oregon. I suspect the Palamino used to belong to one of our members who now has a Fleet. Let's see if he confirms.

Correct WS - 2013 photo tour of the Owyhee Canyonlands.
That pic from our way in on some very muddy roads. I personally would not have ventured in there as a solo vehicle. Had rained pretty much all night and all morning before we started in heading south out of Rome. We just sat in the cafe drinking coffee to the point where some activity was absolutely required... Eventually someone asked what we were waiting for?? I figured we could go till one of us got stuck as the second rig could most likely drag the other one out of a muck-hole.

As it turned out the early season rains had not worked into the road surface deep enough to create a complete quagmire. Made it in just barely and the next day beautiful weather dried out the worst spots. We beat a snowy retreat a couple of days later.

Pic of Jeff Jones working his magic - www.lumnos.com

Attachments

• OwySept13 (1 of 1).jpg
    OwySept13 (1 of 1).jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 107
A couple of days ago, my neighbor saw this FWC from Washington here in our little town of Prescott, Az. hauling a truck with a goat!

FrvQpscoay1zJCE4VkbFfXSf27QZg58LfcaAiBfbTkgTsTjSMOxWqXJvfXy6y9--mgbOOx-sNE2EDK5wGoqarzzO8ok5ptUy8gpwgZvl5__e8zBLp2QhKBBRhdFbGLkpVJO2sQ1JcxKXeIbCdDLBxbIpeXl5mmO0cJWSsSNDOcXNbvKUw-Kwd2UVirxxuUosz7dQoMDB8wJm9kE596-8nVJQDSXufVRwdTbrG3O0Phf-vaQ6KA9JpZX0jxEEZoqxM5R_rJuyTGipnikbH5ULVhZznp1U7YBQJgVyQI0Xd_UMouKOL_BkNbHt9DpG530_sKLXcb3RlebHfYW64hiIxwFY6DwsGV2hR_q_7gPsU2qTany3u9C0JuK4NzErmOpBEprcj8dCNxNUkWL5z2NZ-JKnqi5NyIHhiDoGwacRCfccHOsbp61_S3OgldG-m3dKD1xULRV__4IcZk79m8ZkExa_oUqMORPnzwCivi-Mj-fDC7BhOHoYyRZR9pFwvEpHzjFWQq81zpOC2qHycXgjTT8EXyaCcA-soZQ5rsJT4wc9HxZfr8IZ_JTySgRBqgoJz2kHLuYAFefrA3PHlEv-3ahxUmboEyvDOpEEo0xO1U7_Dj74vQ=w558-h743-no

M8ImfQZ7LEF7Mj0gbv8uGwZAGCbU2LK9kItQFUQ3Pc7QaUlD4EQ2CT1sdXnIqphJXB3W_Y7UFd3cbjTb9TgQ3gZrhfnNoM_bBrCxS5b_pdFlasvqDn34FhMCdxMpk9wZygbJ0-iUsnOvYDb6pcOm-EoTG6wGiKII3FTwZGAk6NL08Tt94nlyI85MZ8e4icbDKiH5wpXRy7AJ3jO1zFw8cZsWtW4iWs3adtLUUc7NyWNYKYJbso6tPUaApxD0_EjkPx1_qBuj6agzHjFnnjYtts7NK9XK15ArSyowJkk8XpjFc5B64L5-kgWf3SsQc4wtwKKZWjiHzORgxtM18LrdGX75l-ECKM86rWq1HVJIsdToDVkN2gX7S4P-4ynuFF6j3hw0VkavwmYRotVq6osd1QfCGgmj_vv1x50ay3sDJ1x-TlwE4nWSCcPTQ4dLwdK79AT_CXGvYbWHDcwEt0rG8tokB5YlF_uK9YdEU0IvHUyWKu-esJvY-cTs2BVJPz03OaNF1N9Jr6CokXMbcTm55AVVXEPoJ-9NrrqeWzy_CMHU8zQoKvTAZD_SlWKpsicKW3srVWfRmCD7-Yl9YcqAaCq2YoIDWPBcR1KBT8hvbmNYTGliuA=w558-h743-no

I was getting gas in Reno yesterday and when I looked across the lot, there was a couple in brand new ATC Bobcat getting air. Naturally, I popped over to say hi and the couple told me that they just had their Bobcat installed in Reno about two hours ago.

The couple had driven all the way from upstate New York for their Bobcat!!! They hadn't even stayed one night in it and were already heading back to New York, via Bryce NP. They were a very nice couple and said that they weren't members of WTW yet, but will be when they get back home. The man told me his handle will we 00Buck when he does join. I hope to see them out an about in the Empire State...

Rare east coast sighting! Just saw an FWC shell (I think) on a black Chevy pickup at Appomattox, Virginia. Headed up route 460 near the Museum of the Confederacy exit. Looked like an older shell without the extended cabover.

Edited to add:

Well, I guess I need to get out more. A couple of hours after spotting the one above, I saw an Eagle or Fleet shell on a lifted silver Tacoma. Southbound on I-81 at New Market, Virginia.

Just Thursday I saw a 2016 Sandstone colored Tacoma with I think a brand new FWC Fleet travelling thru Tillamook on the North Oregon Coast......if you are local let me know....love to meet you....think it had Oregon plates.

If you are travelling have a wonderful trip.....we live in north Tillamook county.

David Graves

Went down the hill this morning.

West bound highway 50 in the Shingle Springs area was a newer white regular cab 4x4 F250 with an older FWC Hawk'

In Folsom around noon was an older Toyota pickup with a much older FWC Fleet on board. Judging from the taxed, sagging suspension and the camper tied in with yellow straps, this was someone's new addition. Good luck.

From a distance - two FWC's in Death Valley's Stovepipe Wells Campground on New Year's Eve, 31 Dec 2016. They were not camped together. Both were gray sideliner without exterior storm flaps vintage.

Ha twice in one week. South of Quartzite doing the dispersed camping thing. We went over to see my brother in law and his wife. Saw this sun lite. I pulled up behind his motor home to block the wind. ImageUploadedByWander The West1484957434.023267.jpg

ImageUploadedByWander The West1484957509.640988.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Saturday 25 February 2017 1400 hrs. west bound highway 50 in Placerville, California a FWC Fleet, silver buckle edition on a dark gray toyota tacoma

Back
Top Bottom