Sightings thread

Friday & Sunday, 12 April and 14 April, in the DIY Home Store parking lot on 203 in Mammoth Lakes, CA, a nice looking old FWC Ranger II on a Toyota pickup. The Ranger II still had it's wings.

Pulled out of work yesterday and nearly got sideswiped by a black dodge with newer FWC on the back :eek: Actually, if there had been a near miss it would have been my fault.

I followed the guy (talking on a phone I thought), down East Main St., Grass Valley and saw him take the round-a-bout to the Hwy 49 on ramp, about 3pm.

Friday,11am or so.Parked on side of hwy 1 just south of Garapada Beach area.White newer Tacoma/Eagle Camper,had I think some sort of carrying platform on the rear of the truck.Stickers on camper.

Also about 3pm at the Cross Roads shopping center,Carmel white full size Ford/Hawk/short front bed overhang.Waiting to turn south on hwy 1.
Frank

Today, (Apr 26th. 2013) Highway 20 and the Stauffer Road late afternoon. Newish Tundra single cab long bed with a Grandby, (I think). Looked forelorn like a lost puppy, I thought about stopping and adopting.

Nice looking Eagle on a Tacoma - Washington plates, parked near Greenwood Ave in Bend, Or. 4-25-2013
fwc-sighting-4-26-13 (Medium).jpg

Got around to cleaning out my gallery of photos on my 3 month, new to me, Note 2, and found these that I took right after getting it.

Not really sure it pops up (sort of looks like it might hinge from the front), but I thought it was a neat "home brew" unit from Texas... "The Carney Man". And, no the county fair did not happen that month.

HomeMadeA1_zps44328601.jpg

HomeMadeA2_zps396ae2b0.jpg

HomeMadeA3_zps6d074315.jpg

Interesting anti-rear-end, device/table.
Probably needs a tail/brake light on it, if it stays in place while driving.

I waited awhile, didn't see the owner, and I had an appointment to get to.
So, even though we didn't actually meet... "Happy trails to you, until we meet again."

No idea.

Maybe he's working his way north and if you see him...

Here's a crop that can show some additional detail...

HomeMadeA4_zps4b34ddb5.jpg

Is that a mailbox under the "1963"?
I like his steps up to the roof.
And, just look at those door hinges!
The photo on the door has a sign that says "The Californian".
And, on the drivers side of the camper, under "Carney Man" is "Spartanburg, SC 1945".

That looks like a mail box to me. Cool looking camper, and I'll keep an eye out as fair season is underway. This reminds me of the stories my Mom told about her small town growing up and the gypsy's coming through every year.

Surprised to see a late model white tacoma (California plates) with a newer FWC on it in Crested Butte, Colorado this past Monday or Tuesday. Considering our weather, six inches of snow in two and a half hours Tuesday morning and another 3 inches yesterday and just plain *%^T for weather, I should be seen in California with my camper on a beach somewhere. Good for the rivers but a little tough on the mind this time of year. Gotta put the camper on, hook up the drift boat and head for some warm weather and trout infested waters!

By the way, I didn't see the camper after Tuesday, no wonder why!

Good Camping,

Paul

Considering our weather............ I should be seen in California with my camper on a beach somewhere. ............ Gotta put the camper on, hook up the drift boat and head for some warm weather and trout infested waters!

:D

ATC sighting in Bodega Bay; not a rig, but Mr. ATC. Pulling in to have lunch at the Spud Point Crab Shack in Bodega Bay Sunday and we notice some people eyeing our rig as we park. A fellow walks over and says hi I'm Marty. I own ATC. When did we get our Silver Spur?

Friday night to Sunday afternoon, May 17 -19, older FWC on Ford pick-up in the Meadow Cliff RV park just north of Walker, CA on 395.

That is funny Alley-Kat! I see that guy all the time at the beach when I jog after work. Quite a little setup he's got. He seems to always park in the same spot.

Saw two FWCs on 395 between Burns and Lakeview Sunday afternoon, 5/26. Saw another on 395 north of Alturas Monday morning, 5/27. Seems like everytime we are on 395 we see a lot of pop-ups.

Saturday morning in Lee Vining, CA, (May 25) a FWC Eagle on a white Ford Ranger. Saw the same rig Sunday morning (May 26) heading north on Highway 6 out of Bishop, CA. Monday morning (May 27) around 0800 south side of Bridgeport, CA, a FWC on a white Ford F250.

Back
Top Bottom