Sightings thread

I heard the WTW (gang) sign was a one-handed thumb to hand expand/contract move, sort of like when you show someone talking too much. The concept is the popup/ popdown transformation. :oops:
Hey, that's it! We're Transformers!! :LOL:

I can't even keep track of them all. I see at least a half dozen a day around here. (hwy 395)

Hey, that was me!
(yesterday)

Tuesday Nov 6 around 2:00 PM saw a smaller pop (bobcat, or finch?) up on a white truck. Sorry going to fast on my BMW K1600GT to get a good look. Camper was parked east bound on Hwy 88 east side of the pass. I honked and waved and got a wave back. I was on red motorcycle with a bright yellow jacket. Anyone on the forum?

Bill in STockton

Here's proof this time. Chalk Bluff Road, climber's parking, Bishop, CA Sunday 11 Nov. 2012, 1230 hrs.

gallery_1902_124_187394.jpg

I heard the WTW (gang) sign was a one-handed thumb to hand expand/contract move, sort of like when you show someone talking too much. The concept is the popup/ popdown transformation. :oops:
Hey, that's it! We're Transformers!! :LOL:

I tried the "Secret High Sign" on someone traveling on US 20 between Bend and Burns Ore. this morning, (11/13) @ approx. 06:00hrs. They were in a brown Chevrolet cab&1/2 with a Grandby. I think they were giving one back but I can't confirm as we passed each other at a high rate of speed. For those not in the know, US Hwy 20 between Bend and Burns is one of the Northwests facsimile of the Autobahn.

This encounter is not to be confused with a similar Chevrolet and Grandby pulling a glider trailer I had on said Hwy just east of Glass Butte on 11/05.

For those not in the know, US Hwy 20 between Bend and Burns is one of the Northwests facsimile of the Autobahn.

Except...you're not likely to see pronghorn, elk, coyotes, or golden eagles along side of the autobahn.
wink.gif

Except...you're not likely to see pronghorn, elk, coyotes, or golden eagles along side of the autobahn.
wink.gif

Very true, and you don't see these:
notruf3.jpg

Which you may need if you see pronghorn, elk or so on at autobahn speeds. This image is not mine, I took it from the internet, lest people think I'm better traveled than i really am.

Saturday November 10th around noon in the Von's supermarket parking lot in Bishop. Both had their tops popped up. Was this a resupply stop or a daytime nap? First was a newer Eagle on a Tacoma complete with a swing out mount for the mountain bike, CA plates. Second was a brand new Grandby on a Ram pickup with WA plates with a big aftermarket bumper up front. Brand new, how do we know? It had the new lighter gray colored sideliner and had the silver aluminum siding. We saw this camper again the next day parked on the Chalk Bluff Road.

Two FWC rigs with tops popped at Panamint Springs Resort yesterday, Tuesday 20 Nov. at 1545 hrs. Sorry no more details. I was distracted by the $5.98 a gal regular unleaded gas price posted.

Saw quite a few on the 395 corridor over the past 4 days, of particular note a nicely kitted out silver tacoma & Eagle (I presume) in Lone Pine while eating breakfast, saw it later heading northbound again leaving Big Pine. Have not seen it on WTW before, nice rig though. Anyone else see it?

Right now. Sitting on 299 in weaverville 2 or 3 car lenghts up from LaGrange restaurant. Toyota Tacoma with Eagle presumably. I am having dinner at the bar....come say hi.

Cort

Ground Hog Day, 2 Feb. 2013, Saturday, 1500 hrs., Meiss Meadow Trailhead/Sno-Park, Carson Pass, Highway 88 - a FWC parked with the back half of the top lifted. Saw it from a distance so no other details.

I forgot to mention this earlier that we saw a caravan of 3 or more FWC types heading east in Long Canyon on Burr Trail Road on Monday, October 29 in mid or late afternoon. We were the F250 with Hallmark heading back toward Boulder. We honked and waved. Also saw a FWC camped at Goblin Valley State Park a few days earlier. And, there is an Outfitter parked on the driveway of house in the town where I live. Happy trails.

Back
Top Bottom