Sightings thread

Passed a maroon or dark red Toyota, I believe, with a FWC headed south on Hwy 1 south of Big Sur yesterday early afternoon. We were heading north for a stop at Pfeiffer Beach before going home.

Saw a Hawk on a Dodge 2500 at Corbin in Hollister CA. on Friday. He was pulling a trailer for his custom Harley. Talked to him he said he found the Hawk used in Sacramento for $5200 and was very happy with it except for the ice box. I asked if he had been on WTW and he had not heard of the site. Told him to check it out for information on his Hawk. Hope he stops in.

Bill in Stockton

Note it was 80 degrees over on the coast Friday :) Picture from Friday on top of Mt Madonna looking over the coast.
11217_4678182388831_1224826491_n.jpg

I saw this rig in Bend, OR, twice in the past 2 days, Feb 15 & 16:

kestral-ram-tillicum.jpg

I saw the same rig once before, recognizing the distinctive plate, on the Oregon coast (when this photo was taken).
So...I wonder if he lives somewhere else in Oregon and is visiting Bend for the Presidents' Day weekend, or if he lives in Bend.
huh.gif

If WTW membership and periodic log-in was automatic/mandatory with purchase of a pop-up camper the "who are you?" perplexion of this thread might be eased...
rolleyes.gif

Sighted Feb 16 around 3pm at a gas station on the north end of Bend Oregon:
An Alaskan cabover on an F350 crew cab, Oregon plates.

Ranger with full back and side wings on 1990's Toyota truck - spotted in Bend, Or

Judging from the stickers and 4 Yakima roof racks, it is a camper that has seen many trips.

photo 1 (Medium).JPG
photo 2 (Medium).JPG

FWC Eagle on a red Taco with front hitch spotted while driving the wife around to garage sales in Willow Glen. Funny how once you have one you notice them more than before.

Saw a FWC yesterday in the First Federal Bank parking lot here in McMinnville around 1030. Late model chevy/gmc, brownish grey, SB. Sorry, wasn't where I could get a photo. I guess they do exist. ;)

Saturday morning 2 March 2013 at Twin Lakes outside of Bridgeport, CA a FWC grandby on a Ram 3500 towing an utility trailer. Later in the day a FWC on an unknown rig towing a jeep down Conway Summit on 395.

There were two FWC's in the ACE parking in Bend Or, around 1pm on March 28, 2013.

Hawk on a gold Chev 1500.
photo 1 (Custom).JPG

Eagle on a silver Toyota Tundra

photo 1 (2) (Custom).JPG

photo 3 (2) (Custom).JPG

I saw an older Grandby a couple of weeks ago in the MacArthur Maze while heading into San Francisco. It was mounted to a utility trailer and it looked like a permanent mount. I couldn't grab a picture while driving.

There were two FWC's in the ACE parking in Bend Or, around 1pm on March 28, 2013.

I've made similar sightings (at least one) in that same lot. Guess FWCs are attracted to hardware stores.

Dark Gray (Anthracite?) 3rd Gen Dodge CrewCab-Shortbed 4x4 w/ Mojave wheels & SB FWC parked just up from Bill's Trailer Hitch on Eastman in Ventura, CA last Friday.

Passed by an F250 with Hawk heading North on Hwy 101 near San Antonio River and coincidentally made the same stop. Phil & his wife were on their way home from Pismo Beach. We were heading home from Montana De Oro SP.

[attachment=:image.jpg]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 126
Downieville, last weekend: Banff Mtn Film Festival
We saw older Hawk on a white F250 with a really simple, but good looking, wind fairing constructed of two metal straps, attached to bottom of overhang holding the fairing. (maybe a photo later). Another red truck flew through town, with a popup, too. We were grey Tundra/Hawk in the "Belle Taur" parking lot with our top up on Sunday.
Good weekend for popups up in Downieville.

Back
Top Bottom