SoCal FWC Owners Rally - Oct. 24 - 26th - Recap

RC Pilot Jim

As Bill reported, Primary loop sites 68-100 are reserved....Lots of open sites in the water and electric loop..... Remember to email Sonam your shirt sizes so you don't get left out !!! It will be October "before we know it" .....You 'all have a pleasant Labor Day weekend.......... Get your reservations in as they are going fast.
Third Annual
[SIZE=16pt]SoCal Regional Four Wheel Camper Owners Rally[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14pt]October 24th,25th, 26th – 2014[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=18pt]San Mateo[/SIZE][SIZE=18pt] Campground[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]at San Onofre State Beach[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]830 Cristianitos Road[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] • San Clemente, CA 92672 • (949) 361-2531[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14pt]Attending from the factory [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Tom Hanagan - President [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Stan Kennedy – Sales Manager[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Jason Villalobos – Sales Manager American RV (Southern Calif dealer).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Facilities: picnic tables, fire rings, flush toilets, hot showers (50 cents 3 minutes), drinking water, dump station, 1.5 miles to Trestles beach, surfing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Directions: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]From San Clemente drive 2 miles south on Interstate 5. Take CRISTIANITOS ( no H) Road exit. Follow signs Driving East .9 of a mile. Campground entrance is on the right at the bottom of a hill.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Look for Banner[/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt] – “[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]FOUR WHEEL CAMPERS ” [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]and “REGISTRATION”[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt].[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]General Information[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]We are unable to reserve a block of campsites. As you review the campground map (San Mateo PDF attachment), the bottom loop sites 101-157 are closed for the winter. Our goal is to camp together in the Second loop sites 68-100. [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]FWC staff will be set up in sites 68 and 100 either side of the “banner” in clear view as you drive into the loop. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]This is a very popular campsite due to the proximity to "world famous" Trestles surf spot so it fills up fast...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Please make your reservations as soon as possible to keep us all together.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Camp[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] Fee[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]: $35 per night (Sites 69-99). [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]$45.00 water and electric (First Loop Sites 1- 67) still available :love:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]

Reserve America has changed there website so its confusing to reserve a site.

[SIZE=14pt]Reservations: www.reserveamerica.comhttp://www.reserveamerica.com/[/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt] .[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]Enter [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]San Onofre SB[/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt] in the "Where?" box[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]"Interested in: [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]camping and Lodging"[/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt] -[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]"Looking for: [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]Tent" -[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]Select : [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]"arrival date?[/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]" -[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]"number in party: [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt](xxxx)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]Select Search[/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]......Under San Onofre SB - Click on [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]"Book Sites"..[/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]...[/SIZE]

The map shows the sites in San Mateo campground however does not not show that name (don't know reason).

[SIZE=13.5pt]Reserve Sites 69-99 (30 sites). OR water - electric sites 1-67[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]Cancellation Policy: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Cancelation fee: $8.00(reservation fee) + $7.50(cancelation fee)= $15.50[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]per site[/SIZE].

After you reserve your campsite, please email Sonam Chand to give her your :love: shirt size(s) , number attending :love: and your email addresses :love: Sonam@fourwh.com

[SIZE=13.5pt]There is day use parking adjacent to where we will be camped. If your considering purchasing a FWC and would like to talk with the owners come on out and stay for the potluck. Unfortunately the Day Use fee is $15 per vehicle.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Saturday Schedule [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]* 10 - 12 pm - “Walk-Around” - We visit each others rigs to see the new improvements.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] * 12- 3 pm - Free time to visit, hike, explore[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt] * 3 - 5 pm - No Host cocktails and social time – Bring chairs - Sites 100.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt] * 5 pm - Potluck. Bring Dish to share.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Your Volunteer Host – Jim [/SIZE](Wander The West alias RC Pilot Jim)[SIZE=14pt] will provide a home size propane barbecue and 3ea - 6 foot folding tables for the potluck. Bring chairs, plates, and flatware.[/SIZE]

Check out the photos from last year.
[SIZE=14pt]Bill Harr's photos set to music[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]2013 SoCal Regional Owners Rally[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Questions: [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Please email Sonam Chand Sonam@fourwh.com or phone 1-800-242-1442[/SIZE]

Attachments

• SanMateo082609.pdf
    254.9 KB · Views: 346
I will be in site #72. Last year we did southern Utah after the Rally. This year we will camp the week before and finish at the Rally. Had a great time last year looking forward to another great time.

Bill

I reserved site #88. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Errin

I booked sites # 69 & # 71 for Tom and myself.

Shanley (another FWC owner) said he booked 2 sites already (1 for him & 1 for his friend).

The Raider's have booked their site already (Capa Moto couple that came last year with the Grandby).

Pretty sure Jason from American RV Company (our southern california dealer) has booked a couple sites for them to stay.

Best to get your sites booked ASAP if you are planning on attending, as we are going to fill up the campground this year !

: )

Looking forward to it already.

Fresh ocean air in the Fall.

I am very excited to attend and meet everyone - I picked up my camper last week!

I reserved spot 67 - it was very hot and smokey at San Mateo a few weeks ago and I will be able to demonstate the A/C unit.

On May 14th, the showers switched to a token system.

Joanne W.

Checked the OPEN SITES

Staff and Potluck in Loop 68-100 (dry camping no water or electric) = 12 open sites

Electric and water loop sites 1 - 67 = 58 open sites.

Just reserved site 83, after reserving I checked last year and got the same spot, how funny

June 27th Update

Only 5 sites remaining in the Primary sites 68-100. 48 sites in Loop 1-67 (water and Electric).

[SIZE=14pt]Reservations: www.reserveamerica.comhttp://www.reserveamerica.com/[/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt] . [/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]Enter San Onofre SB in the "Where?" box [/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]"Interested in? camping and Lodging" -[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]"Looking for? Tent" - [/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]Select "arrival date?" - [/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]"number in party? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]Select Search......Under San Onofre SB Click on "Book Sites".....[/SIZE]

The map shows the sites in San Mateo campground however does not not show that name (don't know reason).

[SIZE=13.5pt]Reserve Sites 69-99 (30 sites). OR water - electric sites 1-67[/SIZE]

Day use Fee update.

The state park charges a $15.00 per day fee + a second $15 fee if you want to double up overnight with another family.

July 19th Update

Only 3 sites remaining in the Primary sites 68-100. 41 sites in Loop 1-67 (water and Electric).

[SIZE=14pt]Reservations: www.reserveamerica.comhttp://www.reserveamerica.com/[/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt] .[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]Enter San Onofre SB in the "Where?" box[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]"Interested in? camping and Lodging" -[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]"Looking for? Tent" -[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]Select "arrival date?" -[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]"number in party?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]Select Search......Under San Onofre SB Click on "Book Sites".....[/SIZE]

Just looked 2 sites still open LINKY

med_gallery_1903_734_270777.jpg

FULL, its a good thing :D
med_gallery_1903_734_42931.jpg

May be able to add a second camper to some of the sites if there is room. 2 months to go.

I am starting to get .....EXCITED !!!!

Do you all realize we only have .......7- SEVEN weeks....... before the rally ?????

It will be great to see all my old friends....and make many new friends at the
"Third Annual Four Wheel Campers RALLY"

We have a cancellation available in the NO hookup loop near the staff area.

Contact Stan at Four Wheel - - - stan@fourwh.com for more details.

I was watching Bill Harr's video and looking at the calendar ...about 3 weeks to go. Hope we have lots of new owners to greet and meet and share all our "improvements and check out all the new improvements from Four Wheel.

Back
Top Bottom