The Landscape Photography Thread

Thanks - ski3pin and WS. This shot has always been a favorite of mine except for the dispersing contrail which I guess could be cloned out by someone with better Photoshop skills than I possess.
There were a small herd of antelope at the lake in the background that don't really show up in this wide angle shot. I went down to the lake in the early morning darkness before hiking up where this pic was taken at the first light and was worried about scaring off some of the wildlife. Also, later in the day we saw a bighorn herd numbering around 60 leaving the lake.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
And I didn't even pick up on it. The contrail just looked like a front edge to me.
Thanks all - I just need to take a deep breath and accept it as a nice leading line, it works off the rock outcrop on the left side of the frame. :unsure:

Wow! That's a lot of snow. I'm already getting psyched for spring greenery and flowers in the desert. Nice capture.

Great winter mountain photo Lighthawk! Yes, it does get the heart thumping about a real winter again! :)

I'll add a telephoto shot from last Sunday, one of our favorite local peaks we have skied many times.

Orion-Jan-2016-002-copy.jpg

The Lady and I only had the afternoon for a quick, fun backcountry ski tour - yes, on skis again!!!!!!! - so couldn't join our two buddies who left the trailhead at eight am (8 miles to the summit with a bit of elevation gain) and broke trail the entire way. If you look close, you'll see our buddies headed up, the two tiny dots just below the summit.

At least you had a skin track to follow! I never get tired of seeing thick snow covering our mountains with ski touring up and down beckoning.

The waves are huge again.
This is the "Cement Boat" at Sea Cliff Beach SP near Santa Cruz.
Frank

Attachments

• IMG_1233.jpg
    IMG_1233.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1231.jpg
    IMG_1231.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1232.jpg
    IMG_1232.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 34
Gosh. The "cement boat!" I'd no idea it was still there. My folks and I used to fish off it when I was a little kid...Looks a bit different, now.

Panamint Moon pic... was this from Zabriski Point? Nice work.

We sometimes stay at New Brighton SB walking distance North of Sea Cliff SB (they don't let popups campers stay there - must be self-contained) on "weekend" trips. Can't remember waves that big before though.

Alan

Back
Top Bottom