The Landscape Photography Thread

Kinda looks like it was shot up with tommy guns by the police whilst trying to make a getaway from a bank robbery. Didn't make it.

Alan

Wandering Sagebrush said:
More surf than I want to deal with. I'm getting so I won't take the boat out when it's difficult to stand up.
So far we have had some very big surf.
It's nice to watch from a safe place,but there are always the sightseers who need to get closer than safe just to get that "close up" picture and get caught in the waves.
I thought getting close photos was what "telephoto" was for.
Frank

More high surf and a nice rainbow.
This morning,some leftover showers.
Pacific Grove coast area.
Frank

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-8.jpg
    FullSizeRender-8.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 27
Stalking Light said:
A couple of quick snaps I took this evening with my Lumix GH3 at Cape San Blas, FL. (I was too lazy to lug my Nikon to the beach, which is one of the things I really like about the Lumix).

Small cameras rule, said the man who just bought a 5 pound lens. Who was it that said "The best camera in the world is the one you have with you"? Nice pics for sure.

What was it that made you choose the 600/4?
I wanted a bit more length than my 200-400 for sandhill cranes and eagles, and I pulled the trigger on a VII (last one B&H had) instead of the new ones which are about $4k more. Plus the money I have invested in glass is hold its value better than my 401k. :)

Congrats!!! That is a nice lens, but I agree that the new version is 'pricy'!!!! I'd like to pick up a 400/2.8, but the price is prohibitive at the present. A good used copy would probably be the best way for me to go.

I am finding that the reach isn't quite as important to me as the extra f stops. The f 2.8 lenses do a good job with teleconverters, too, so I can get the reach when needed. My 300/2.8 is getting a lot more use than the 500/4 now.

Stalking Light said:
I know what you mean, but I find that I shoot wildlife at 5.6 or 6.3 most of the time for DOF anyway.
That's because you have enough light to not have to shoot at ISO 5 gazillion. The rain and overcast in the PNW is not conducive to DOF. :p

That's because you have enough light to not have to shoot at ISO 5 gazillion. The rain and overcast in the PNW is not conducive to DOF. :p
Rainy in the southeast too, thats why I shoot auto-ISO. Luckily the D4s handles high ISO fairly well but I still end up with a lot of grainy shots. I need to spend more time in the desert. ;)

The D4s is almost as good as the D700 for high ISO, but I would still like to have less of that 'grain'. When you shoot auto iso, are you specifying a minimum shutter speed? For some reason, I have resisted doing that, but maybe I should change my thinking.

Edit: Nice sunset shot! D810?

Back
Top Bottom