The Landscape Photography Thread

Well this isn't from the west and it is not a typical landscape but I am kinda proud of it and wanted to show it off. Hope that is okay :) Full Moon 2382 web2.jpg

Charlie, you really caught the light at the Three Kings! Wonderful image!

I'd like to get free enough (from properties) to spend a summer as a volunteer.

This is another older shot (2010) that was one of a series of bracketed images I processed int an HDR. I decided to revisit a single exposure and see what results I could get with the latest Lightroom and Viveza. I like it better than the HDR. i used to use HDR to make up for lack of range in my older cameras or sometimes to add 'motion blur' to scenes where I had to take multiple exposures to simulate a long exposure. I don't do HDR as much any more with better sensors and/or ND filters.

4kOD3HP41aRyKzrMsXnPhlO3iMwEX6g8fWPN8O54gquZ0t9PWXkL0kDpZNR5ANTah1AIBAe6_K8PvA=w2560-h1440-no

Charlie, very nice. I never did much HDR, as my efforts turned out looking like way over saturated Vue-Finder slides. Almost all of my current images are 95% Nik filters. Very little is just Photoshop.

I only used it when I had a scene with a lot of range or for times, like I said, where I wanted to simulate motion blur. I did also use it at times for the deghosting feature many HDR programs have where I had to shoot long exposures and didn't want motion blur.

Back
Top Bottom