The Wildlife Photography Thread

Seems like our house is like an aviary. We have about 20 different species hanging around during the year.
This guy was just out the window about 15' away "searching" for a snack.
Frank

Attachments

• DSCN7671.jpg
    DSCN7671.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 24
Thanks Steve.We have a nice nesting area around our house for any number of hawks.
We always see them out on our daily walks.
The Red Shoulder hawk usually makes their nest in some easy viewing spots.
Sure is fun to watch them through out the season.
Frank

Great Steve.
One of our favorite birds. Miss them when we aren't up north.
Actually we have/had several nesting pairs, at Lake San Antonio in southern Monterey Co.
I think they are still around,don't hear much about them.The lake is quite low so they may have moved to better fishing areas.
Still it's a great thrill to watch them.
Thanks for the shot.
Frank

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Calling to the Sky...

23841047443_3e60b76757_c.jpg

A nice male eagle calling after his mate and three juveniles left the dike where they were roosting.
Tough act to follow! Excellent pose and sharp as can be.

I saw a bit of blue sky go by midday, and had heard it was sunny in SF this morning. I ran down to the rice fields, only to find overcast conditions and bits of rain. Still, I managed a few shots.

This first shot is a red shouldered hawk, that was roosting with a likely offspring.

Younger bird

And, action!

As the light faded, I found a field with incoming flocks of white faced ibis. They have such an interesting shape, the silhouettes are a lot of fun to compose with.

I processed this shot for an artsy, Escher feel, but in truth I was maxing on iso and shutter speed to get the shot.

Andy, very cool! Red-shouldered hawks are really neat, and hard to find up here! Love the artsy work with the ibis! Excellent photography sir!

Lighthawk said:
As the light faded, I found a field with incoming flocks of white faced ibis. They have such an interesting shape, the silhouettes are a lot of fun to compose with.

While I typically try for super sharp, close up action shots one must do what one can with the light one has to work with. And with that in mind I really appreciate this silhouette shot. Right on with the "interesting shape" comment. So good,,,,,

Must have just gotten airborne. Looks like drops of water coming off the feet & feathers behind the bird.

Great photo.

Paul

I didn't get to wander as much this year, but we did go to Pismo Beach in September for a couple of days. Wasn't expecting too many great photo-ops there, but two of my favorites came within minutes and yards of each other.

Alan

PismoEgrets.jpgSeaOtterCloseUp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom