The Wildlife Photography Thread

Back home after 5 months on the road. Hopefully, I'll get the blogsite updated soon. In the meantime here's one I took last week in Glacier National Park.

TotTiff%20Yellowstone%20%2833%20of%205%29-XL.jpg

A couple from this weekend. Nice when the subject sits still even if the whites did get a bit blown out.

i-SMtrWhQ-M.jpg

i-v6wDhBB-M.jpg

Steve - Love your sage grouse images.

Had a chance to try my limited wildlife photo skills and equally limited lens selection on our honeymoon trip to Vancouver Island and Knight Inlet. Really should of sprung for the tele-converter for my new Fuji 55-140mm but sometimes you just gotta make due.
Stayed at Knight Inlet Lodge where they do some great tours right from your front door. The estuary and shoreline are gorgeous.
The lack of rain had the creek levels down so salmon runs were still behind schedule. This was last Saturday and the weather was changing as we left later that morning. Saw 7 grizzlies before 9 a.m..
Bears seemed pretty oblivious to our presence in the boat as they were very preoccupied with the grubbing at the tide line.

Attachments

• KnightBars_JDavis_web-1.jpg
    KnightBars_JDavis_web-1.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 35
CraggyMan said:
Steve - Love your sage grouse images.

Had a chance to try my limited wildlife photo skills and equally limited lens selection on our honeymoon trip to Vancouver Island and Knight Inlet. Really should of sprung for the tele-converter for my new Fuji 55-140mm but sometimes you just gotta make due.
Stayed at Knight Inlet Lodge where they do some great tours right from your front door. The estuary and shoreline are gorgeous.
The lack of rain had the creek levels down so salmon runs were still behind schedule. This was last Saturday and the weather was changing as we left later that morning. Saw 7 grizzlies before 9 a.m..
Bears seemed pretty obvious to our presence in the boat as they were very preoccupied with the grubbing at the tide line.
The 55-140 did the job, if you click on the image and expand it.
Sometimes you need to travel with lighter gear. ;)

Thanks all! I'm trying to stay on top of image editing so will post a few more as time allows.

Lighthawk - I'm doing a little bit of cropping to help with the composition but don't want to degrade the image too much. Here is a Loon that politely posed in the pouring rain that I did zoom in on a bit in LightRoom.
Pretty impressive how big they are. I've never seen many before and never this close.

Attachments

• KnightLoon_JDavis-1.jpg
    KnightLoon_JDavis-1.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom