The Wildlife Photography Thread

Had been up in the Chilcotin Range last week and spent the night at Chilko Lake. I was in the process of removing the rear wheel early the next morning to plug a tire when I looked up and this guy was watching me. Had been shooting bear pictures all week but this shot was my favorite of the trip.

If you want to see some Grizzly pics click on the blogsite link after the picture.

Bella%20Coola%20Five%20%2812%29-XL.jpg

Some of the best critter shots (and encounters) are when we find they have been watching us. :) Good stuff Park, always a pleasure to see! :)

I loaded two wildlife photos to my gallery, but can't figure out how to upload from the gallery to a new post and get a full size photo. The photo uploaded was like a slide and blurry. I have never gotten the how and can't find good simple instructions. Help please. jd

John, you click on it in the gallery (at the size you want), then right click and copy the image address. That is pasted into the Picture Icon.

gallery_4901_1176_215455.jpg

gallery_4901_1176_195524.jpg

Deer at our campsite at Mesa Verde. We had been watching them for about 20 minutes and they came closer and closer until they were about 10' away. Then the party ended. Our lab was asleep in the camper and must have gotten a scent because she came to the screen door and started barking. Right after I took the picture they took off.

We visited South Tahoe recently and caught the kokanee salmon run on Taylor Creek.
They are a prime food source for the local black bear population, fattening up for winter.

A
A

Lighthawk said:
Excellent work, Stephen. Prairie dog cafe is a badger? I've never actually seen one.
Thanks Andy, yes that is a badger. First time I've been able to photograph one. Last year, I had one challenge my F350 in the middle of the road. Wisely, he backed off and went back to the burrow.

Back
Top Bottom