I am starting to really dislike my camper solar

billharr said:
Have you done the DOLLAR TEST on your fridge door? Mine was running too much and I found the door was not sealing.

Put a dollar bill on the seal close the door and you should not be able to pull the dollar bill out without using some force. If it comes out easy you need to adjust the door.

Look for simple first.
I'll do that in a minute. There's a dog on my lap so I can't get up just yet. Please send coffee.

I dunno if any of y'all remember, but I had issues with my fridge not cooling down enough my first summer with my Fleet.
(I got camper in Nov 2015)

Okay, I put a dollar bill against the seal and closed the door and I was able to just open fridge as if nothing different.
Did it a couplea times with bill in side area and top area.

So much good information here! After reading through the thread, I think I need to check my separator as well! Thanks for posting the links for the recommended products!

Any reason why you couldn’t set up a “poor man’s shore power” by keeping this 3 stage charger hooked up directly to one of the batteries when not in use?

IMG_7783.JPG

Hi Dawn
Yep now the drag on the bill is what you are looking for.
Was it real easy? Also maybe try at several different locations see if there is a variance.

Now you need to find someone with same refrigerator to talk with.
Try it with a little pressure on the outside of the door with one hand and see if the drag is different.
Russ

My refrigerator is a top load with two latches. There is quite a bit of drag pulling the bill out. Hope fully someone with the same refrigerator will post up. Maybe your door just need adjustment. Wouldn’t that be nice.

hoyden said:
I can feel the dollar sliding out, so some drag, but definitely not difficult by any means.

Try again this time pushing the door in just a little and see how much the drag changes. If it becomes more difficult you need to adjust the door.

It might help to clean and massage the seal some. If you are not using the fridge do this and leave the door open between trips, helps somewhat to not having the seal compressed all the time.

billharr said:
Try again this time pushing the door in just a little and see how much the drag changes. If it becomes more difficult you need to adjust the door.
Not any appreciable change

pvstoy said:
It might help to clean and massage the seal some. If you are not using the fridge do this and leave the door open between trips, helps somewhat to not having the seal compressed all the time.
There is no "between trips" for me right now :)

Here's an odd one:

I noticed that the fridge fan was running (heard noise from back of fridge, on outside of camper) while I was going to plug in to shore power. As soon as I plugged in, the noise (fan, I think) stopped.

???

I'm leaving Flag today, and the battery separator will be installed once I get to ABQ on Thursday.

My D.C. Domitic will also run off ac current. When I plug in to ac current it will switch over to accept ac current. If the fridge is running the fan will stop and after a pause it will start back up again. If yours did not start back up then maybe it was a chance that it was at the end of its run cycle. You can test it when the fridge starts to run un plug the ac cord and back to hear the fan.

On my Victron bmp battery monitor I can see the amps and confirm at full charge that it is running off ac because there is not 4 to 5 amps being drawn.

Back
Top Bottom