It is Spring, Yes!

Another sign of spring:

The snow is covered with tree debris instead of pristine white.
Home-Snow-101024.jpg

Finally, a local forecast I can really support! Very spring-like!

Weather_20190313-1.jpg

A week+ of highs in the 50s (F)...sunshine...!
There will be lots of snowmelt, but my neighborhood sits on lava flows -- well-drained, flooding not likely here. :)
Rivers will be high, I expect... :unsure: ...so the downtown area near the floodplain of the Deschutes River might have to watch out.

34 this morning in Tucson. We've had wildflowers for more than a week. Poppies, bladder pods, lupines and lots of others. Rain, 1/2"Monday and wind since. Lots of cheeseweed and mustards at 4' throughout the city.

We went from "summer" to "winter" today.
Our morning walk along the bay in Monterey was full of sun and warm temps
then as we finished and headed to do some shopping here it came the fog.
Temp went from a sunny 68 to a foggy 54 in about an hour.
Oh well not complaining though I am sure there are areas where 54 would ba very hot this time of the year.
Enjoy the last days of winter.
Don't forget to set your calendar ahead on the 20th to Spring.
Frank

Boy, these last few days have been great-sun was out-sweat shirt weather, nights a little cool, but okay----so I popped the camper top to do some spring cleaning and install my new Wave 6 heater. Yep, then sat out in the front yard in the sun & had a few vodka/cranberry adult beverages, played ball with "Bob" and watched the birds in our deep blue sky! Now the weather report says a new storm due in on Tuesday night with snow in the high country and 100% chance of rain in the valley,with more weather due in on the weekend and colder nights ahead (again)!!! Sure hope that was not our Spring and Winter is back here again----at least I have a new heater, but please Spring/Summer come back :D I want to be warm again!

Smoke

We have a sure way of making spring come early. We installed a cab on the tractor.

Tractor-Cab-001-copy.jpg

The Lady just announced as she was looking out the window while making my lunch, "There are robins outside!"

ski3pin said:
We have a sure way of making spring come early. We installed a cab on the tractor....
Is that like washing the car makes it rain?
:p

I'm waiting for the appearance of ground squirrels to signal the start of zoological spring at my place.

Well it's a scurry of squirrels outside our window. The big maple is full of them running up and down, chasing around, some breathtaking leaps thrown in. Quite entertaining.

Temps in the 40s and lots of sun, maybe mid-50s this weekend! We have been melting prodigious amounts of snow the past week. Peeks of ground are starting to appear in open areas. Of course, the rivers and creeks are running full as a result. Some folks living in low areas are having a tough time.

Spring is arriving, 4:58 PM local time. :)

I just saw a chipmunk scampering and scrounging under the bird feeders! First sighting of the year!

Western gray squirrels have been active all winter, but no little guys in sight -- until just now. :)

So... apparently the start of astronomical spring coincides with the start of zoological spring -- in central Oregon, anyway.
;)

Saw and heard my fist Sandhill Cranes today.
We saw Robins all winter; don't know where the hide or what they eat.
In some spots the ground has thawed down about 4 inches.
BUT we got 15" on April 16 last year.

When the terminator goes through the poles, there's your equinox.

GOES16_abi_fullDisk_20190320_230036_band02.jpg

Seems like calling this event today (and 6 months from now) "equilux" would be nicer -- looking on the bright side, rather than equinox -- focusing on the darkness...a "glass half-full" kinda thing.
:)

Back
Top Bottom