It's winter! (meteorologically)

Al sending you some warmth.
Enjoy the blooms.
Frank

IMG_1264.jpg

takesiteasy, if there's a way to pack up and ship some of this warmth to you, we'd be happy to do it for you.

We woke this morning to a low of 47 degrees and the high here today was 65. All our snow has turned to water.

ski3pin said:
...We woke this morning to a low of 47 degrees and the high here today was 65. All our snow has turned to water.
Yeah, crazy isn't it. :oops:

And the craziness is forecast to continue up here in Bend, too.

Weather_97701_20180201-1.jpg
Two weeks without freezing in February? :eek:

MarkBC said:
Yeah, crazy isn't it. :oops:

And the craziness is forecast to continue up here in Bend, too.

attachicon.gif
Weather_97701_20180201-1.jpg
Two weeks without freezing in February? :eek:
Here's our spot forecast -

Today
Sunny, with a high near 68. East wind 5 to 7 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon.

Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 48. East wind 6 to 10 mph.

Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 67. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon.

Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 48. East wind 7 to 9 mph.

Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 65. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the morning.

Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 47.

Monday
Sunny, with a high near 66.

Monday Night

Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 63.

Tuesday Night

Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 66.

Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 48.

Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 65.

Ski-all the snow has melted in my yard and has turned to mud! Wonder (or hope) if this is just a late Indian Summer and not a look at our future. Supposed to keep getting warmer! Anyone heard if that ground hog saw the sun?

Smoke

ski3pin said:
Mr. BC, your snowpack is doing well compared to ours - 14% of normal for Feb. 1st.
Yikes! :( That's bad, Mr. 3pin.
The Bend Bulletin headline mentioned storms going to the north, so I guess with you being south, it's worse for you.

So...apparently a lot of our storms, snow, water -- are being diverted into Canada! :cautious: What is the govt going to do about that?!

:p

No shorts around here for a couple of weeks yet. But then, woohoo! Ski, highs forecast maybe into the 40°s! Thanks for sending that warm air our way (hopefully!).

I should add that we are short of snow also. Would be really short but for the recent 12 inches we got.

Looks like we're getting a few days of normal-ish winter temperatures in Central Oregon:

Weather_97701_20180209-1.jpg

But no normal winter precipitation... :(

Still way hotter than during the day here-even saw someone wearing shorts yesterday! The nights and early mornings are a little cold and foggy, but not that bad . They say Feb, forecast doesn't look good for any snow :( ! Still snow in the high country, but could use a bunch of heavy snow storms. It's sort of a never ending Indian Summer here-even the mud has dried out.

Smoke

It's snowing in Bend tonight -- a bit anyway.

Night-snow-2.jpg Night-snow-1.jpg

Funny that I'm excited about snow -- last winter I was cursing it mightily!
:p

Back
Top Bottom