Low Cost Mods

craig333 said:
Faucet Extension.

We all hate how the short faucet winds up splashing water all over the counter.

My first thought was to use pvc. The o.d. on the faucet is 3/4". I just happened to have some clear hose with a 3/4" i.d. sitting in my project area so I thought I'd try that first.

As you can see the faucet doesn't extend very far over the sink. I unscrewed the the spout and cut it in the middle of the curve. A 4 1/2" piece of hose fit perfectly. I don't think it'll even need hose clamps. It now sits just about right in the middle of the sink.

Nice thing about the hose, if I decide it needs to be longer or shorter its only a minute project to modify it. I doubt I'll wind up needing something stiffer like the pvc.

Total time about ten minutes. Total cost=free
Clever, Craig. :)

Not my idea someone else on WTW suggested it. But I finally got levels inside my truck. Have some on the outside but this will let me know if I am close without hopping out of the truck. There is not a flat spot on the dash of my 05 Tundra, so I stuck one level to the visor. The other I put on the door.

med_gallery_1903_734_836186.jpg

med_gallery_1903_734_1343381.jpg

billharr said:
Not my idea someone else on WTW suggested it. But I finally got levels inside my truck. Have some on the outside but this will let me know if I am close without hopping out of the truck. There is not a flat spot on the dash of my 05 Tundra, so I stuck one level to the visor. The other I put on the door.

med_gallery_1903_734_836186.jpg

med_gallery_1903_734_1343381.jpg
I've been thinking of the same thing, Bill. Kind of wish the Tundra had a flat spot somewhere.

billharr said:
There is not a flat spot on the dash of my 05 Tundra, so I stuck one level to the visor. The other I put on the door.
Turns out the bottom of the cup holder on the console (the one to the rear of the shifter) of my Tacoma is flat and level with the truck. I put a bull's-eye bubble level there to get the camper level. It's not glued down, doesn't have to be. Works great.

Bosque Bill said:
Turns out the bottom of the cup holder on the console (the one to the rear of the shifter) of my Tacoma is flat and level with the truck. I put a bull's-eye bubble level there to get the camper level. It's not glued down, doesn't have to be. Works great.
I'll check that out. I've got a center console with flip lid, but I could put a bubble level in there or in a cup holder.
Right now, there's one glued to the couch support, but I have to jump out to look at it,
then jump back in and adjust,
then jump out . . . you get the idea.

Bosque Bill said:
This is true also for the 2012 Tundra with the center fold down cup holder, stuff organizer. So much easier than stopping, getting out and checking the fridge and backing up just one more 'smidge to get it level.

Ever had the drip tray under the freezer in your fridge come loose on a rough road? I've had this problem on my old 3 way and the new compressor fridge. I glued a couple of magnetic strips on the tray and the back of the fridge and it seems to keep the tray where it belongs.

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

On my Grandby the switch for the rear flood lights is mounted just off the floor by the door. I once unknowingly kicked the switch when I was getting out in the morning and the lights were on all day which drained my batteries. To solve this problem I drilled a small hole in the switch and installed a lock pin.

IMG_1953.jpg

The wife wanted something to grab besides me when she got out of the bed. I build a hand hold and mounted it next to one of my inside struts. Will give it a test after it stops raining. Bought a 6" wide drawer pull at HD and mounted it on a 6"x2" 1/8 alum plate. Counter sunk back side and used tapered 8-32 allen screw with lock-tight on them to hold the handle to the alum plate.

gallery_1903_734_106524.jpg

We just finished our home made arctic pack, per the excellent write up by Ski3pin and also Barking Spider.
We had almost no waste when we were done, except a two foot square of the evolution fabric.

We made a cover for our Wave 3 heater. They are vulnerable to dust and I always intended to make a cover.
Since we still had the sewing machine going, and had scraps of velcro, it took all of ten minutes to knock this out.

Behold!

One thing I missed from my old camper was a knee switch I installed to run the water pump. I have noticed we are using a lot more water with the pressure pump and turning the faucet on and off. No room for a knee switch on the new camper with the drawers I have. So I made a belly switch. Had every thing so no cost. Installed it just under the counter top so leaning into the counter will turn the pump on and off. Hole behind the switch for routing wire to the OEM pump switch. Two posi-taps and about 8" of wire. This way we will use no more water than needed to wash up etc. Still can turn the pressure switch on if we need to use as normal.

Switch location
med_gallery_1903_734_23910.jpg

Switch from over head slight angle
med_gallery_1903_734_156057.jpg

Switch looking straight down.
med_gallery_1903_734_85776.jpg

Holder for my Bear Spray. Have always kept it in a cabinet and was always in the way. Used a small section of plastic rain gutter I had and made a holder. Cut, heated and bent the bottom. Two screws hold it next to the fire extinguisher.

med_gallery_1903_734_6164.jpg
med_gallery_1903_734_40701.jpg

Back
Top Bottom