Low Cost Mods

bob, i like like those pegs.i would worry about missing such a small target with my fat foot and body.they look really handy. they might be nice mounted on side of bed also.that would help in the hard to reach times with no camper on the truck.thanks, for the pic.

wes

My new rear mounted bottle opener!

Attachments

• rabbit.gif
    rabbit.gif
    187.7 KB · Views: 268
My new rear mounted bottle opener!

That is really, really cool!! Where did you get it if I might ask?

That is really, really cool!! Where did you get it if I might ask?

When I saw it I had to have it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001O9TMPU/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Howdy,

I was lucky and thankful to meet up with Craig333 a few weeks back and score a few Pilneys! While looking over his camper I noticed a nice heater exhaust protector, from wasps, yellow jackets or other creatures that might climb in during the summer months. A few days later while perusing the aisles at a local Asian market I stumbled upon these sink strainers! I immediately recognized the similarity and purchased the set, hoping it would be a perfect fit. It wasn't a perfect fit but some window clasps finished the job.

Sink screens 2.99
Window clasps roughly 3.99

James

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 532
Howdy,

I was lucky and thankful to meet up with Craig333 a few weeks back and score a few Pilneys! While looking over his camper I noticed a nice heater exhaust protector, from wasps, yellow jackets or other creatures that might climb in during the summer months. A few days later while perusing the aisles at a local Asian market I stumbled upon these sink strainers! I immediately recognized the similarity and purchased the set, hoping it would be a perfect fit. It wasn't a perfect fit but some window clasps finished the job.

Sink screens 2.99
Window clasps roughly 3.99

James

Great idea,will have to check those sink strainers out.
Frank

Just posted my idea for gray water disposal. For under $20.00 worked good on our cross country trip. Have also made a couple small containers to hold items behind sink and stove that work well using scrap wood in the shop.

brett13 said:
Behold, my cheapest mod to date:

Step 1: Twist up wire hanger
img_84553_4_dd845c5600784b9dca82571d5fa899b8.jpg

Step 2: Use as most convenient, out of way, hat holder ever. No more crushed hats!
img_84553_6_2c39ac3a06626e3ccb47bdb3ce7b26ab.jpg

Also found that it works in the cab of the truck, between the liner/rear window and coat hook.

(Yes, I know- this hat is a little dirty/ragged. Who doesn't have a favorite hat though?)
Great thread several thanks, My Gun Club by Stetson is going to love this too.

Lighthawk said:
Good one, Edo. My 08 Hawk has the 20 gal water tank up front and a drain on the rear wall below the propane access. I carry a 12" length of clear 3/8" tubing with nylon barb fitting that friction fits into the FWC drain. It allows for easy filling of the Zodi, the dog bowl or washing of my feet after stepping in fresh cow pie (Warner's this summer). Without the tube the water dribbles over the rear bumper and is hard to direct. Cost me about $1.00 USD
laugh.gif
I did the same to my '07 Eagle. Use it all the time there!

Thanks to this thread I have attached a bottle opener to my Hawk and I have decided it is now time for it to multitask.
I use the grocery style plastic bags with handles for my garbage collection and have never really found a convenient way to hang it.....until now.

illuN2v.jpg

We got tired of finding the cabinet drawers and contents dumped after four wheeling with our FWC. The bumpers they rivet to the drawer bottom are not only cheap, they don't work.

Our solution is to use a five foot long nylon boot lace and thread it through the handles when going off road. It puts enough sideways pressure on the drawers, that they now stay put. Hopefully FWC will improve the cabinet package. IMHO they are pretty lame.

One of the main reasons I enjoy this site so much is all neat things that our members come up with to make our WTW/FWC adventures more enjoyable ----keep these ideas coming, i just hope I don't run out of room first -maybe need to get a bigger one or maybe a 2nd fwc to use on alternate weeks???? Ahhhh, the possibilities!

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom