options I would like to see

I think that 'windows' could be cut in those lift panels. Done with thought the loss of shear panel strength wouldn't be missed. Actual window access might be difficult. Ours has the flaps on the inside, so that wouldn't work with the panels right behind them.

As I've said, our Phoenix has the under-bed storage. It is only accessible with the top up. We don't usually pop the top when loading for or unloading from a trip. Makes that storage near useless. We keep the broom there and I have an "oh crud, it wasn't supposed to get this cold" spare jacket in there as well.

Comics are too bulky. I have 40 years of Spider-Man and 44 years of Fantastic Four on CD ROM.

idahoron said:
that list makes you an honorary Idahoan.
I'd give just about anything to live in Idaho. It's pretty much my favorite state. I miss the Lochsa, and the Clearwater, and Snake, and...the Sawtooths, and Clark's Fork...Swan Valley, that awesome root beer from Victor, Driggs, Palisades Reservoir, Lolo Pass....Stanley on fire....

I still need to see Hells Canyon, McCall, Warren, Pine? ...and sorry for the hijack...

I have a couple hundred Spiderman, Superman, and others from the early 1970's.
Victor and Driggs is beautiful in Late september. Have you seen the Bruneau Canyon and Jarbidge canyons?

longhorn1 said:
Brenda has been working on getting the weatherstrip since delivery last August. The refer company has not responded according to her. It seems the choices of vendors change frequently and perhaps if a turkey is dumped, not much further service can be expected.
longhorn1 said:
CamperCarl
There have been numerous posts by people that have had small issues that FWC took care immediately. I would be surprised that they wouldn't get the fridge weatherstrip replaced for you. Unless I'm missing something in your post I didn't read that you had called FWC directly. Brenda should be able to get this addressed for you. When the lift mechanism was damaging the roof FWC sent out a plate to strengthen this area. I don't remember reading a post where FWC hasn't responded quickly to issues. There have been a couple of recent posts about a leaking front opening window. We will have to see how that plays out. If you haven't called Brenda please do. Good Luck. JD

Options I'd like to see?

image.jpg

100acrehuphalump said:
No I haven't. What part of the state are they in?

The Bruneau and the Jarbidge meet about 80 miles or so West of Twin Falls Idaho. Awesome country to see in the early summer before the heat of summer drys everything out. This is a picture of the Jarbidge about 10 miles from the confluence

img_111065_4_ac8dd0c7fd6a5882476b567f62d93291.jpg

The Bruneau

img_111065_6_f0908f02a466cafe7eada6e55150f765.jpg

When I told one of the guys at FWC that I already had a engel 45 fridge. He said it's better than anything we sell. Why do you suppose that is? Their fridges cost nearly the same if not more. One would think they'd install systems which are more reliable. Especially if the 3way ones are prone to fail due to winds or on uneven ground. Plus they use more amps I believe than the compressor ones. Just a thought.

idahoron said:
The Bruneau and the Jarbidge meet about 80 miles or so West of Twin Falls Idaho. Awesome country to see in the early summer before the heat of summer drys everything out. This is a picture of the Jarbidge about 10 miles from the confluence

The Bruneau

img_111332_4_f0908f02a466cafe7eada6e55150f765.jpg
Looks like a little chukar outing with the dingo!

100acrehuphalump said:
... if the 3way ones are prone to fail due to winds or on uneven ground. Plus they use more amps I believe than the compressor ones. Just a thought.
3-way fridges -- propane, AC, DC -- only use any camper battery amps when they're run off DC...and really, there's rarely a reason to do so, IMHO.
The subject of "run propane fridge while driving?", i.e., to run or not to run on DC, has been covered in another thread.

MarkBC said:
3-way fridges -- propane, AC, DC -- only use any camper battery amps when they're run off DC...and really, there's rarely a reason to do so, IMHO.
The subject of "run propane fridge while driving?", i.e., to run or not to run on DC, has been covered in another thread.
I would add the Engel is chest style fridge and many want a fridge with a door. Unless you are buying just shell putting a chest style fridge would be a fairly major modification to use in a FWC or ATC. See Ski's build.

gallery_1902_710_87794.jpg

Ya -when my local shop replaced my 3 way after it almost blew up :unsure: on me (see my thread on that adventure) with a new compressor frig, somehow the factory first sent a chest type instead of the stand up door type(they ordered the wrong model number). In any event, it was a tight fit to put the new frig in the old 3 way's position in my 05 Grandby The major problem with the 3 way for me, other than getting level, was spraining my thumb all the time when i was pushing those dang buttons until it started :D ! Sure liked that hot tub/trailer combination-now that is something to dream about :p !

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom