It's Fall Here

Here in the Gold Country we have a number of native and non-native trees that provide a colorful display, especially against our Victorian architecture.

Taken this morning from the Cascade Canal, approx 3000' away and 1600' higher.

Did a little fall birding today on the farm. Plenty of species stopping for a fuel up. No pics to share of the birds, looking into a good camera. My current is a iphone 7 for any pics. I do have a quality binocular for viewing wildlife. Today birds were feeding on Eastern Cedar fruit in the side yard. Cedar Waxwings were swarming the cedars, Robins we’re feeding on the fruit also. Bluebirds were stopping and flying by on there way south. Several sparrow species today, Song Sparrows, White Crowned Sparrows, Tree Sparrows and Chipping Sparrows. Wrens are coming through in numbers with several spotted. Took Paige our golden for a plot run and she flushed two pheasants. The rooster was cackling on the flush, I was more excited than Paige with the sighting. Great weather today with major cold coming next week. These birds know when it’s time to bug out south. Fall is my favorite time of year here in the Midwest, colors and great temps.
A3563-BD2-8-BC3-4-E2-F-99-E2-048-D1-CBC5-ECD.jpg

Old Eastern Cedars.
25-A063-EA-309-A-4-F7-A-94-B4-E7249-ACC3-B53.jpg

Cedar fruit bird fuel.
8949-B7-AE-365-B-446-C-9591-B8-CF518-F2-FED.jpg

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Wayne, which Swarovski do you carry? I have an old pair of SLC 7x42s that I love...
This is a SLC 10x42WB. They were given to me by my mom as a gift years ago. I used them in Alaska on several archery hunts back in my 40s. Great optics! I need to carry them more.

Here in coastal Georgia, south of Savannah, fall is a different experience than if I was home in Central Oregon.
Duh! :D

IMG_20191031_174630.jpg and 79%RH

IMG_20191031_175621.jpg and 22%RH

OK, what I said about the weather here in coastal Georgia yesterday...nevermind.
Much cooler and drier air moved in overnight.

IMG_20191101_112721.jpg IMG_20191101_112749.jpg

Fall is different here in Florida -- even northern Florida -- than I'm used to at home in central Oregon. :oops:

Last night at Manatee Springs State Park I spent the night with the camper windows open, the door open (screen closed), the roof fan running, and I still fell asleep on top of my summer-weight sleeping bag. The temperature wasn't that high, but muggy.

I can't imagine -- don't want to know -- what it's like here in the summer... :unsure:

We took a trip around the United States when I was ten. I was shocked to find out the weather in other areas was different than what I was used to to in CA.

Well, I don't know if it is still fall here or winter. Took the camper off the truck and put the tonneau cover back on. Camper and trailer are tucked into the garage out of the weather until spring.

We are ready for winter- none too soon. High today here is 19°F with below zero wind chills and a light dusting of snow.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
One word —->> BRRRRRRRRRRR
Yes, as it turns out we didn't quite make it to 19°. Topped out at 18° to tie an all time record for the date. Heading down to 5° tonight.

Well we went from Early Fall right into Winter.
It was 60 yesterday and snowed a bit today. Tonight going gown to 20...

Have to dig out my long johns!

Perhaps a change is coming.................................

Winter Weather Advisory
Code:
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Sacramento CA
200 AM PST Tue Nov 19 2019

...High elevation snow in the Sierra Nevada south of Highway 50...

.A storm system will bring snow showers to the higher elevations
of the Sierra Nevada, mainly south of Highway 50, later today into
Wednesday. This will lead to difficult travel conditions over the
high Sierra passes. Snow will be showery in nature with breaks in
the activity.

CAZ069-192330-
/O.CON.KSTO.WW.Y.0022.191120T0000Z-191121T0300Z/
West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada-
200 AM PST Tue Nov 19 2019

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THIS
AFTERNOON TO 7 PM PST WEDNESDAY ABOVE 7500 FEET...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Plan on slippery road conditions. Total
  snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches, with localized amounts up
  to 8 inches, are expected.

* WHERE...West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada including Highway 88
  over Carson Pass.

* WHEN...4 PM today to 7 PM Wednesday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for reduced visibilities at
  times.

Forecast for Bend, Oregon, for next week:IMG_20191121_223422.jpg

On the positive side: If the fridge is too full of pre- and post-TDay food it can be stored outdoors.

Back
Top Bottom